News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Installing new deck

Started by Bowers, October 15, 2014, 05:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowers

Hi Guys,
Want to put a Bluetooth deck in my 70 Charger. Unhooked the am radio and am left with 4 wires, red-power, orange-light, black-ground, green-front speaker. With new decks how hard is it to wire in a new deck?

HANDM

If the car is apart on the inside, I would just leave the original wiring in place, run new wiring to the existing speakers and any new ones you might want, new power and ground and yer done

Bowers

The car is completely together on the inside. I will have to install 2-6x9's in the back so the speaker wiring will be new, would I just use the existing power and ground to the deck harness? Has anyone done this?

HANDM

I'll work for the main power and ground but won't do anything for the retained power accessories i.e the clock and radio presets. For this you will need to run a constant power wire from either the battery or fusebox....

1965gp

You can usually use the power lead off of the lighter for constant power. Just tap into it.

Bluetooth, Pandora, all that stuff is built into the head unit. As long as you have power (ign and constant), ground and speakers you should be good to go. You will probably have to run a mic for the Bluetooth from the head unit but it should come with it