News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tic toc tach decal

Started by Dino, July 02, 2014, 09:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I hate to do this as the markings on the tach look perfect, but the redline is more orange-yellow than red so I'll have to stick a decal on it.  I'm not sure if I want to do the clock, I'll have to hold it next to my other gauges for comparison.  Those had the performance car graphics treatment so I'm probably going to buy from them again unless the one from premium dash decals is the better choice.  Does anyone have either of these on the tach and clock?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

AKcharger

I did mine years ago, works great lasts a long time

Just 6T9 CHGR

PCG on mine as well....many years ago
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Dino

I contacted PCG and they do sell the tach decals separately and since my other decals came from them that's what I'm getting.  The clock looks brand new, but the white is not as white as on the decals so it'll get covered as well.

Thanks guys

UFO

If needed,now would be the time to change the clock to a quartz mechanism.
There's a upgrade for the tach as well from RT engineering.(have not used it ,just seen it on their webpage)

Dino

Quote from: UFO on July 07, 2014, 11:28:51 AM
If needed,now would be the time to change the clock to a quartz mechanism.
There's a upgrade for the tach as well from RT engineering.(have not used it ,just seen it on their webpage)

The quartz upgrade will be delivered by the mail man today.   :2thumbs:  I bought one for my standard clock a long while back and never installed it.  Guess I won't need it now!

I'm not doing the RTE upgrade, I'm removing all the stock guts and replacing them with modern guts.  From what I hear, even with the RTE upgrade, the tach still reads off and/or has a bouncy needle.  I do like RTE and I run their voltage limiter on the cluster, but having all modern guts in this tach seems better to me.