News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

looking for colour co-ordination advice

Started by Pistolpete, March 10, 2006, 05:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pistolpete

I've just finished all the metal work on my 69 and its heading into the body/paint shop today. the original colour of the car is T3 (light metallic bronze) with a matching T3 interior.
heres the dilemna and hence my questions: I am not repainting the exterior of the car the factory colour (GASP!!) despite going to the trouble of ensuring there is no bondo on this car. The exterior is going to be a custom bronze/orange colour and I haven't decided on the interior yet (paint wise) I have ordered an entire new interior package from legendary (saddle) and here are my questions:

1) should the interior be sprayed with the same colour as the exterior? what will be visible? (dash, doors, etc.)
2) should I paint the underside black (rust proofing) or colour match considering this is going to be a show AND go car (she will be driven regularly!! (I will be painting hte K member nad the rear axle black)
3)is the dash and steering column normally a little darker colour than the rest of the colour on the car?
4) can anyone post a pic of there dash (top), cockpit and engine compartment so I can see what others have done

what is "correct"
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

Pistolpete

Sorry Troy, Just nervous about getting it right I guess and forgot about the previous post!
Thanks for the info though, once again, you guys come through!!
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Troy

No problem. Oh, I have NO IDEA what color you'd use on the doors to match "saddle". Maybe someone with a 69 can help?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Pistolpete

I'm thinking of going with T3 interior and a "blazing copper" exterior if that makes any sense?
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Arigmaster

You should stay with the exterior color (which ever you choose) in all your jams, trunk, and engine compartment. As for the saddle color, most interior coordination painting I've seen was on the inner doors only. Ask your local paint supplier to mix you the same color code as the saddle using the same paint as you would on the outer body and not the interior dye. Most dash boards match the interior color but you may want to use a flat or satin black. It really helps with sun glare.

Pistolpete

I figured as much, still wrestling with the actual metal dash"top" steering column and vent grills.
Also, still debating with the paint guy about whether to paint the underbody and wheel wells or no? I know they came from the factory with overspray over primer underneath and I believe rustproofing in the wheel wells? black?

Would it still be considered correct to put a grey primer coloured undercoating with an overspray on the sides?

What's everyone else doing with the wheel wells?
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd