News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nationals

Started by billssuperbird, July 29, 2014, 07:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billssuperbird

I may be going to the nationals. To save on shipping I can bring reproduction scissor jacks. Jack + handle and hold down plate for Daytona. If you would like one pm me.

billssuperbird

odcics2

How was the Nats, in your opinion?  :shruggy:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

billssuperbird

69_500

Are the Nationals still more disorganized than a three year old toy box?  :smilielol:

Troy

Quote from: 69_500 on August 10, 2014, 11:40:20 AM
Are the Nationals still more disorganized than a three year old toy box?  :smilielol:
Yep!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69_500

I find I waste probably thirty min for every ten minutes that I get to actually see what I want to at the Nationals. And as bad as it is organized, I still go every year. Missed this year, making the third time since it's inception I did not attend. This year it was because yesterday my son had his first travel football game, and as soon as it was over my wife started having contractions. Now it's Sunday afternoon, and the contractions stopped. Oh well such is life.

white

I did not make it due to my daughter made it into the semi rounds for karate and had to attend another meet. I am very proud of her So I know how it is.

Ghoste

I'd like to know who had the 500 over in the campgrounds next door?

69_500

Did ya get any info on it Ghoste?

Ghoste

I didn't Danny, I spotted it from the road and never got over there.  It was a car I hadn't seen before either. :brickwall:

69_500

What color was it? I will see what I can dig up.

Ghoste

It looked like it had red on the front and primer on the rear?

69_500

Hmmm, sounds like the car PocketThunder used to have. Not sure. I called four people that went to the show to see if anyone else saw the car.

pettybird

I didn't see it...the only one I saw was the restored B5 car in the midway.

the highlight of the show for me was a one day appearance by Mike Atkins.

if I counted right, there were 10 real wing cars and two clones, along with the two 500's. 

birds:
our B5 car
a B5 hemi car that was otherwise exactly like ours from NJ
3 yellow cars, all U code.  Ron Plaskin, Mike Svec and a black bench/4 speed car from the east coast
the green car that 70SBird put the Hemi in
the green car that's ALWAYS on the hill on the way in
black post car (RM21) clone
orange hardtop clone

Daytonas:
Tom's GYC car
the restored Duke&Duchess car
Bill's former Mason Dixon F6 car
Malcolm's orange car

Ghoste

The Big Willie one was sure nice to see.

pettybird

Quote from: Ghoste on August 11, 2014, 05:53:23 PM
The Big Willie one was sure nice to see.

I still have mixed feelings about that car...it does look great but I'm not sure I would have restored it.

moparfan

Dodge was not set up like Carlisle.  Hateful old man at gate a (I think he was the one who created the long lines).  It did not seem like there were as many vendors as years past.  But the weather was nice and there was a lot of great looking mopars. 

Ghoste

Yes vendor count was way down.  There are a few who didn't get my money because I wanted to be able to see the parts in question.

4cruzin

It was a decent show for the Nats but I think it is time for a change.  There is talk that the Nats may move next year but not sure where.  I know I heard that Heath will not happen next year as some of the members tried to book their room for next years show and the hotel said no.  The show certainly needs some help IMO! 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Ghoste

Talked to Sharon Bielenda on Sunday and she assured me that it is NOT moving next year.  As for the hotels in Heath, I have no idea what that's about, were there people trashing parking lots or rooms or anything like that?

pettybird

I heard (whether true or not) that Heath has a new mayor or some administration change

Ghoste

There was a change in the police chief thats why they were less "understanding" this year.