News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I need a new carpet.

Started by Dino, July 25, 2014, 08:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on July 29, 2014, 07:17:25 AM
Quote from: b5blue on July 29, 2014, 05:45:27 AM
I've heard complaints about how it's shipped, folded up. (From everyone except ECS, they roll it up for shipping.) The big deal is the longer you leave it in the box the more it stretches to the folds. As soon as it arrives remove and let it relax. I'm itching to order mine but gonna wait till I'm exactly ready, have it made and shipped then get it in right away.   

The ECS carpet is shipped in a big flat box,so the carpet  never gets rolled or folded . That's one of the factors in the price. The stuff is awesome IMO .

But I don't think they sell cut pile anyway, so this won't help Dino anyway.

They don't.  However if I ever need one that is as close to the original as possible then that's where I'll buy it.  I've heard nothing but praise over their carpets.

I'm curious to see what this carpet will look like.  I made room so I will be able to unbox it as soon as it arrives.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Nacho-RT74

I like more mself the loop looks... my car originally ( ASSEMBLIED IN VENEZUELA ) got 2 pieces loop pile, but 74s in USA got one piece cut pile...
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

jaak

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on July 28, 2014, 12:57:36 PM

Trim Parts...I wouldn't buy from them again though. There is a lump on the transmission tunnel that will not go away, it's been 5 years and it's still there. Apparently there are a lot of complaints about this with Trim Parts carpets. I should have researched it better. When I replace it, it will be from ACC. My floor mats are from ACC and the quality is very nice.

I agree, I have trim parts carpet and my 69, it is the same way. It is sort of hidden by the console, but it sucks. The carpet I got when I had my 73 Rallye, I'm not sure what brand it was, but I am thinking it was ACC, and if fit/looked a lot better.

Jason

Dino

I guess these guys are not slow!  I ordered the carpet and console carpet Monday at 6 pm and it is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.   :2thumbs:

Updates to follow but it won't be on fitment just yet, the car may be in the shop for a while.

Dino

Carpet arrived today, in an ACC box!   :cheers:

It seems very well made and I love the cut pile.  I unboxed it and snapped a pic of the carpet, console carpet pieces and foot switch grommet, and the mass backing and jute.  It's very heavy backing, sort of rubberized which helps the carpet to keep it's shape and give it some insulating properties.  I won't be able to fit it in the car yet but I have fairly high hopes of success.  After a few hours in the sun all the creases and bumps were gone and even the heel pad was nice and straight.   :2thumbs:

b5blue