News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

clone for sale

Started by farm966, July 29, 2014, 01:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farm966

I have saw this one on ebay several times...the price is coming down. I have a clone Daytona project that I need to start working on, but I realize how much work it takes as I finished a bird clone a couple years ago. What do you guys think this is worth? I am not trying to bash this guys car as someone could pick mine apart as well. Just starting a discussion.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger-DAYTONA-500-TRIBUTE-1969-1968-1970-dodge-charger-daytona-500-tribute-/271559235483?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3f3a31179b&item=271559235483&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

David
Florida

wingcar

If you are really interested in this "clone", I would suggest you send the dealer an email, or call him.  I contracted him earlier this year to get some information on the car since it looked interesting.  He was pretty up front about it for the most part.  First off this "clone" started its life as a 1968 Charger as can be seen by the rear seat.  As I understand it the original dash is inoperative, which is why you will see aftermarket gauges and switches.  You will also notice that it no longer has outside door handles....which will have to be replaced if you are looking for more of an original look.  The headlight doors are just for looks as the working headlights are mounted in the grille....can't remember if he said the headlight assemblies were there or not.  But, the biggest consideration is the fact that the rear window/plug/deck lid was never converted over to the Charger 500/Daytona style.  That will cost you a bit of money as well as taking the nose apart and redoing the headlights.  I also believe he said the rear wing was indeed fiberglass.   There are other things that "I" would change if it was my car, but that would be a personal taste thing.  Bottomline is the Charger needs a lot IF you are looking for an actual "Clone". 

As with any car....you need to check it out in person, or have someone that knows what to look for check it out for you.......(Buyer beware...)
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Daytona R/T SE

The nosecone fitment on that car is horrible.

Traction bars ?   :eek2:

If it were given to me, a good percentage of that car would go straight into the nearest dumpster. :Twocents:

Indygenerallee

Looks like Stevie Wonder installed the nose gasket... :eek2:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Indygenerallee on July 29, 2014, 11:04:12 PM
Looks like Stevie Wonder installed the nose gasket... :eek2:

With his feet.  :Twocents:

472 R/T SE

Isn't that one of HLPAG's alias name's that's selling?

BigBlockSam

Quotef it were given to me, a good percentage of that car would go straight into the nearest dumpster. Twocents

that's just cause your special   :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img