News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Power Brake Vacuum Boosters

Started by john108, August 22, 2014, 06:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john108

1968 dodge charger R/T (505 engine):
When I removed the Booster, it was very difficult to get at the 4 nuts holding it in place.
Presently I have the complete dash assembly and steering column out of the car.  
The original Booster is 46 years old and probably should be replaced.
When I install the booster, I don't want to have to replace it again, after I re-assemble everything.
At some point, I will upgrade the 4-wheel drum brakes to disk (front definitely, rear maybe).
1)   Is the original type brake booster adequate to support the brake conversion or is a different, better, booster required?
2)   Is there a booster brand considered better than others?
3)   Can you just go to a local auto parts store and get one there?
4)   Suggestions please??

krigel

If you can find a Bendix dual diaphragm and want to spend the money, go that route. Dr. Diff, Ramman, Booster Dewey, Pirate Jack can get you one. Otherwise, find one that fits from a disc/drum car and you should be good.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: krigel on August 22, 2014, 06:54:37 PM
If you can find a Bendix dual diaphragm and want to spend the money, go that route. Dr. Diff, Ramman, Booster Dewey, Pirate Jack can get you one. Otherwise, find one that fits from a disc/drum car and you should be good.
:iagree:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

fy469rtse

:iagree: pirate jack, brand new reproduction , read or search for threads on here about proportion valves