News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

black radiators vs silver

Started by 1974dodgecharger, August 06, 2014, 01:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

heh, interesting here..then I googled it and it does seem black is better than the regular shiny silver radiators. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1QL9veQaNg

fy469rtse

Your kidding right ? Haven't even looked the you tube video, layer of paint over aluminium has to block heat ,
They painted the old type to neaten up brass solder mix of materials that up painted just didn't look like it belonged in the engine bay of a new car

Troy

Black - because a silver radiator sticks out like a sore thumb through the grill. If you're building an all out race car where function has the highest importance then worry about whether paint will change the temp by a few degrees.

I didn't watch the video but there's been some debate before about whether a layer of black will help draw the heat out or something along those lines. I don't have any cars that run hot so I use stock stuff and don't worry about it.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

I agree, the silver looks like hell through the grille.  If your car is overheating so badly that a layer of paint is the difference between driving it or watching it puke coolant at the side of the road then there is a much larger problem in the cooling system that you are ignoring.