News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 DODGE CHARGER 500/DAYTONA BACK GLASS NEW ebay

Started by madgus2000, August 05, 2014, 02:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madgus2000

I know many people are looking for a back glass for a Daytona/500,  here is a guy on ebay who makes them!
Hope this helps.
Has anyone ever heard of this guy, does it sound good?? 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-DODGE-CHARGER-500-DAYTONA-BACK-GLASS-NEW-/201054468173?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ecfc7b84d&vxp=mtr
1968 Hemi Charger R/T Red
1968 Hemi Charger R/T Silver
1968 Hemi Charger R/T White
1969 Daytona XX
2006 Daytona 057-200 TorRed

Montreal Wing Car

I think that would be the person Stevearino is dealing with for the side windows on his SRT8 Daytona?

Ben

Indygenerallee

Looks like a F&F "Daytona" in the pic and yes I think this is probably the guy Steve has been dealing with.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Stevearino

Yeah. It is Lee at Alan Auto Glass. I wish this had been available before I started my project. I would much rather have the correct looking glass in the rear window even though it would have meant making the stainless trim out of a couple of sets of regular rear window trim. Mainly for practical reasons.  If the Vega glass blows out good luck finding a replacement.

daytonalo

HEE WE GO AGAIN , ALL OR REAR WINDOWS OR " BACKLITE " IF YOUR IN THE BUSINES WERE TEMPERED ............. THERSE ARE LAMINATED ........ NOT JUNK AND YES ARE ONLY OPTION AT THE TIME . MY PROBLEM IS THIS 99 % OF THE PEOPLE DONT  KNOW THE DIFFERENCE  AND WHEN THEY MAKE CLAIMS LIKE " RARE " IS A FUCKING JOKE . Laminated safety glass. Rare item unavailable for years.

madgus2000

Does anyone know what an OEM window is selling for these days?  This seems to be a good price.  Is there any others out there making real glass windows for these cars?
1969 Daytona XX

daytonalo

You can use this laminated backlite as its our only option today . I just again want to make everyone aware there is a difference .

A383Wing

his ad says "1970 DODGE DAYTONA, CHARGER 500, SUPER BEE BACK GLASS NEW"

WTF??

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Kowal

Quote from: daytonalo on August 05, 2014, 10:52:07 PM
You can use this laminated backlite as its our only option today . I just again want to make everyone aware there is a difference .

Can you expand on this?    I also have been noticing this guy on ebay.   The window on my Charger 500 has some deep scratches, it is the original rear glass.   Would this fit as a replacement or just be more problems?
'69 Hemi Charger 500, '70 U Code Challenger R/T
(These two and a bunch others at www.dkowal426.com)

"P. J. O'Rourke:  The old car ran perfectly, right up until it didn't."

Stevearino

Quote from: Kowal on August 06, 2014, 05:41:01 AM
Quote from: daytonalo on August 05, 2014, 10:52:07 PM

Can you expand on this?    I also have been noticing this guy on ebay.   The window on my Charger 500 has some deep scratches, it is the original rear glass.   Would this fit as a replacement or just be more problems?
I look at it this way.  No one would argue that the guys on Graveyard Cars are not sticklers for absolute perfection in their restoration work. Down to the proper nuts and bolts. But they run into authenticity problems from time to time . I  remember Mark cutting the boots off of the original wiring harness and sheathing them over the top of the new connectors to at least give the appearance of the original. As OEM glass becomes more unobtainable and expensive this is not a bad option for replacement. You would have to do the math on whether replacing a beat up piece of glass with a piece of laminated would detract dramatically from the value of the car. But if that was the case and the rear glass was not broken you could save it to re install for resale.

DAY CLONA

I look at it this way, at LEAST someone is making repro glass for these cars, be it a laminated or tempered rear window, it still a chunk of glass...much better than a hunk of plexiglass anyday

Stevearino

Quote from: DAY CLONA on August 06, 2014, 04:14:38 PM
I look at it this way, at LEAST someone is making repro glass for these cars, be it a laminated or tempered rear window, it still a chunk of glass...much better than a hunk of plexiglass anyday

:iagree:

madgus2000

I agree, that is why I posted this information.  I do not think anyone else has a real glass for $650 obo.  If someone on this forum know of  others, please list for us.   And yes, he also makes back glass for birds.
1969 Daytona XX

C500

Charger 500 / Daytona rear glass is in the works from AMD. No timeframes given.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

CornDogsCharger

I was just going to say the same thing that C500 mentioned.  AMD has the C500/Daytona glass and trim in the works, as well as the Superbird glass and trim.  From what I'm heard, the C500/Daytona trim is already finished and they are just finishing up on the glass.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

madgus2000

So if you were to put a time frame on finishing up, how long would you think it will take.  And when finished, would it be tempered or the same as the glass on ebay?   Do you have any inside info, thanks.
1969 Daytona XX

madgus2000

Just like I expected, there are 100's of people saying they are going to make a rear Daytona glass, but wait......shhhhh.  I hear crickets!!   I give the guy on ebay credit, he had the guts to actually make the glass and put them for sale,  way to go buddy keep up the good work.  I will wait for the next 10-15-20 years and see who else will make a glass...
1969 Daytona XX