News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SUPERBIRD in Junkyard?

Started by Wingnut426, August 12, 2014, 08:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingnut426

Lots of Mopars in this U-tube video.  White Super bird at 2:55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qF34WXrNmM
HEMI Daytona Convertible

talkiemopar

The orange superbird at 2min. and 7sec. with the #50 on the door belongs to Mike Atkins in Tellico Plains, TN. :2thumbs: :Twocents:

Davtona

Quote from: talkiemopar on August 24, 2014, 02:27:37 PM
The orange superbird at 2min. and 7sec. with the #50 on the door belongs to Mike Atkins in Tellico Plains, TN. :2thumbs: :Twocents:

Has that car been restored or put back together?  :o  Just wondering!

talkiemopar

It is real rough, and I mean REAL ROUGH   :pity:   Rick.

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

charger_fan_4ever

Ghoste

wingcar

Quote from: talkiemopar on August 24, 2014, 07:00:38 PM
It is real rough, and I mean REAL ROUGH   :pity:   Rick.

WOW, that is an understatement......(Let's see...I wonder how much bondo it will take to get it back into condition.......)
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Ghoste

Probably not much but it really depends on the condition of the body you transfer the tags to.  :lol:

Nwcharger

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on August 25, 2014, 11:52:10 AM
Quote from: held1823 on August 24, 2014, 11:35:46 PM

Wow almost as bad as the ravine daytona.

That's funny. I own the ravine Daytona and was just thinking about how I want that bird too :drool5:
1969 coronet wagon

DoubleDlover

I always hear about rebody and how you should go to hell if you do that. well. In a couple more years these cars are going to be 50 years old. and we all know preventing rust never even made it on Chryslers to do list. LOL at what point do you say well, if I replace both 1/4s. The tail panel and whole trunk floor. floor pan. doors fenders maybe 1 or 2 frame rails. Oh yea the roof is gone because of the vinyl top. Yada yada... I mean.. The vin plate is riveted to the panel and that unbolts. a lot never came with core numbers. and when the trunk wetherstrips lips and cpompletely rotted off you loose those numbers. So who is the all mighty that decides at what point is acceptable? NOTHING lasts forever. so just like a fender and body rots as well. so if you have a real one. Have all the real parts. The dash unbolts. what would or should be ok? what if in 71 a tank ran over your body and you ordered a new body. Now its a fake?? So who decides what and what not is acceptable? ok go!!!1 LOl r

held1823

NOTHING lasts forever.

you answered your own question.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

tan top

:icon_smile_blackeye:  that's a sad sight !! 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

Quote from: DoubleDlover on August 26, 2014, 12:19:53 AM
I always hear about rebody and how you should go to hell if you do that. well. In a couple more years these cars are going to be 50 years old. and we all know preventing rust never even made it on Chryslers to do list. LOL at what point do you say well, if I replace both 1/4s. The tail panel and whole trunk floor. floor pan. doors fenders maybe 1 or 2 frame rails. Oh yea the roof is gone because of the vinyl top. Yada yada... I mean.. The vin plate is riveted to the panel and that unbolts. a lot never came with core numbers. and when the trunk wetherstrips lips and cpompletely rotted off you loose those numbers. So who is the all mighty that decides at what point is acceptable? NOTHING lasts forever. so just like a fender and body rots as well. so if you have a real one. Have all the real parts. The dash unbolts. what would or should be ok? what if in 71 a tank ran over your body and you ordered a new body. Now its a fake?? So who decides what and what not is acceptable? ok go!!!1 LOl r

I don't know who decides.  The same ones that decide NOS parts or oftentimes even used ones are worth more than reproduction ones.  For my own case, if I'm spending all the money on a collector car it better not be a rebody.

62 Max

Quote from: Ghoste on August 26, 2014, 09:37:14 AM
Quote from: DoubleDlover on August 26, 2014, 12:19:53 AM

I don't know who decides.  The same ones that decide NOS parts or oftentimes even used ones are worth more than reproduction ones.  For my own case, if I'm spending all the money on a collector car it better not be a rebody.

Would you rebody this ? :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

I don't know, my impulse is to say no.  A good friend of mine makes the point that the cars are just parts until the VIN is attached and its the numbers that carry the identity, not the rest of it.  And doubledlover is right to talk about the age of them.  Who knows?  I still dislike the idea but I also know that many pre war classics and collectible sports cars have been rebodied.

68pplcharger

Cars like that are prime for making a hot rod.. IMO then you get exactly what you want...

Aero426

Quote from: talkiemopar on August 24, 2014, 07:00:38 PM
It is real rough, and I mean REAL ROUGH   :pity:   Rick.

For sure.   Mike bought it to get the Hemi that was in the engine bay at the time.    It was a real Lemon Twist 440 car that was in a fire.     A good old boy in Tennesee sort of fixed it up as a parade car in the early 70's (note there is no back glass in the car).   He later sold it to Mike.    I don't think it has been out in the weather, but the metallurgy has apparently been altered by the fire and it just rusted away.    

DoubleDlover

just wanted to say thank for the decent responces so far. Im not trying to tell anyone what the yshould or shouldn't do. and ofcourse anyone would want an all original body and parts and all. Im just trying to bring up the point that at some point in time. The cars that have been used, driven, crashed and what not are going to get to a point where everything is wore out. Its just part of natures course. ( yes I know I don't spell good) at some point someone will have to say. Let the car die and be melted down to make a kia. Or lets rebuild it completely. Correctly to as best as we can. And it should be ok. NOT I repete NOT make fake vin and body plates and all that.
    So anyone else out there that wants to say how they feel about how much can be replaced before they don't like it?