News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reward for my VIN, fender tag, and title

Started by typars, September 02, 2014, 03:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ws23rt

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 13, 2014, 08:45:19 PM
Another reason to put an end to fake broadcast sheets, VIN tags, Fender tags, fake titles, YOU NAME IT!

There's no good reason for any of this shit to look so damn good.  It can (and will) fake people....even some experts.  I stand firmly that any copies, knock-offs, novelties, reproductions, whatever the hell they're called be made with a logo to represent them as what they are - a duplication of the original.

:2thumbs: We agree again.   And the reason of course is that any faking if documents dilutes the value of these cars for everyone.
To have to go through a gauntlet of checking authenticity is already the worst part of the hobby and it will get worse.
The bad guys are making all of us take our shoes off to pass forward. :slap:

Dreamcar

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 13, 2014, 08:15:44 PM
Let's see if Shaggy and Scooby got this right....  :D

The first transaction was for the title, tags, VIN plate and body. The car was sold as a package deal with its complete set of original documentation (as it should be)... in 2003 off ebay.

Then later....the owner decides to liquidate the body from the original ebay package deal. Typars comes on the scene to buy the body around 2009 or later -  sans documentation because Typars already said he bought car without any original docs. Do we assume he bought it from the guy who had them...but never told him?

Pass me a Scooby Snack!   :frog:

And then, Typars finds out that the documents were recently sold by the guy he bought the car from, or Typars finds out the documents have recently made their way onto another car. So, he starts this thread last week to get the Charger community to look out for that VIN, and maybe the person using that vin will come across this thread and think they may prefer 1k then driving a fake that Charger lovers may spot.

This is complete speculation, but if this what Typars did, its pretty smart considering a hemi will be scrutenized more then a "regular" charger. I would NEVER by a VIN only, but i had and saw a thread like this about the VIN I had just bought, I'd be crapping my pants. I myself will never look at a 68 hemi (if i ever see one in person) and not think about this thread.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Ghoste

What about making a fake VIN tag for an imaginary car?  Lets say you built a Charger convertible or a Monaco ranchero or a four door Barracuda for example and you had the ability to create a fake VIN for it that looks like the real deal, would that be bad.  :D

doctor4766

Quote from: Ghoste on September 14, 2014, 06:35:15 AM
What about making a fake VIN tag for an imaginary car?  Lets say you built a Charger convertible or a Monaco ranchero or a four door Barracuda for example and you had the ability to create a fake VIN for it that looks like the real deal, would that be bad.  :D
Haha Chrysler are palming off 4 door sedans as Chargers.
Is that bad?
Gotta love a '69

TUFCAT

Quote from: Dreamcar on September 13, 2014, 10:07:05 PM

I myself will never look at a 68 hemi (if i ever see one in person) and not think about this thread.     

:iagree: 

Patronus

I prefer to call out the OP. It has not been back. It has no photos. It just dropped the vin-bomb and left. My belief is it is as sketchy as it's story.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

TUFCAT

This thread is a great example for not messing with VINs in any way, shape, or form.  Somebody will find out....eventually.   :Twocents: :Twocents:

The same applies to buildsheets, door jamb decals, fender tags, window stickers, "fake" dealership documentation.

....the list goes on and on.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

moparnation74

TYPARS, you log in here everyday to see what is being written in this thread.  Why don't you MAN UP and answer some questions posted here. 

Dreamcar

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 14, 2014, 08:45:28 AM
This thread is a great example for not messing with VINs in any way, shape, or form.  Somebody will find out....eventually.   :Twocents: :Twocents:

The same applies to buildsheets, door jamb decals, fender tags, window stickers, "fake" dealership documentation.

....the list goes on and on.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

EXACTLY!!!
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

AKcharger

Patronus

Whoa whoa whoa...so you're telling me dude bought that(!) car...with no title,no vin plate, and no fender tag...
Probably should have worn a helmet more  :Twocents:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

typars

Working on resizing photo. Should be up today.

JB400

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Thanks for willing to post current pix :cheers:

familymopar

Quote from: Patronus on September 14, 2014, 09:49:49 AM
Whoa whoa whoa...so you're telling me dude bought that(!) car...with no title,no vin plate, and no fender tag...
Probably should have worn a helmet more  :Twocents:

Where did the picture of the car go?

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Challenger SRT8 6 Speed
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8

Patronus

It was there. It was a black '68 like the Bullet car with an older 65-66 belvedere drag car next to it on a flatbed...
Something fishy going on... :drunk:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

moparnation74

Quote from: Patronus on September 14, 2014, 05:39:24 PM
It was there. It was a black '68 like the Bullet car with an older 65-66 belvedere drag car next to it on a flatbed...
Something fishy going on... :drunk:
I saw the same photo of the black 68 Charger r/t next to a belvedere drag car. :popcrn:

Dreamcar

I saw it too. If that bullitt look alike and the drag car seen earlier in the thread are the same car, that's one hell of a restoration.

TUFCAT

70 sublime

I saw the pics also and I do not think it was typars that posted them
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

typars

No  That was not me. Still working on getting mine posted. Computer savvy I am Not.

familymopar

Well that is very strange.  There was a pic posted.  I saw it.  Figured I'd take a better look a it later.  Then later it was gone.  If that was a joke then I will admit that don't get it.

Looking forward to seeing the pics typars.  If you are having trouble feel free to send them my way and I will resize them and post them for you (someone made me the same offer when I first got on here).

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8

Moparpoolman

If you can't figure out how to size and post a picture, you can still post some answers to questions like When and where did you get the car body from and what type of paperwork did you get with it? 

Challenger340

I really don't care if all Typars has is in the way of a Photo is two rotten quarter panels, a roof, no floors at all, half the firewall, and a partial rad support, like I said before.... if it is the "Body" with a stamping or two..... in whatever poor condition that matches those Tags, VIN, etc..... I have seen WORSE restored ... I think we all have ?
So I will keep an eye out in my travels, because I believe those TAGS, etc... should go back on THAT BODY.

I just do NOT agree with the re-pop Fender tags, wannabe reproduction Broadcast Sheets, Sales Sheet Blah, blah crap goin on !
just my opinion.... Sorry for yelling.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Davtona

Quote from: Challenger340 on September 14, 2014, 08:52:33 PM

because I believe those TAGS, etc... should go back on THAT BODY.

:iagree:  Finally after 10 pages its summed up in a half a sentence.

familymopar

Quote from: Davtona on September 14, 2014, 09:06:13 PM
Quote from: Challenger340 on September 14, 2014, 08:52:33 PM

because I believe those TAGS, etc... should go back on THAT BODY.

:iagree:  Finally after 10 pages its summed up in a half a sentence.

I feel like that has been one of the themes of the entire thread.  I think it has been said a number of times and I venture to say that I think everyone who has posted on this thread believes that the car and tags should be reunited.

The question is a) finding the tags and b) once the tags are found, who gets the reunited package.  The second question is one that no one here can answer with the info that we have.

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8