News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reward for my VIN, fender tag, and title

Started by typars, September 02, 2014, 03:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

Step right up folks and spin the wheel...round and round it goes..... where It stops nobody knows.  :D

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

hemi-hampton

moparnation74

This was a picture taken in 2008 and posted recently on moparts by bluescuda.  At the beginning of this thread typars posted a picture of the stamping on the trunk lip.  Is it just me or does these areas look completely different?  In this picture on the driver side trunk floor there is a piece of a pipe attached, in the stamping pic it is not present.  I do remember typars saying he purchased it and stored it, untouched.

Furthermore, why are pictures being posted from 2008?

ws23rt

TUFCAT

Based on the trunk shot...Is it possible the car might have been blue at one time?  :scratchchin:

hemi-hampton

Moparpoolman

Is anybody talking to Typars or Blues cuda privately or did they loose interest with this topic???

TUFCAT

familymopar

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Challenger SRT8 6 Speed
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8

typars

Have not had time to get back on for a wile. Iv got lots going on with work, home,  and my daughter. That photo from 2008 is of my car and it must be the photo making it look blue but trust me all you will find is Black and gold paint ( and some trunk rot ).

typars

And no one has tried to contact me directly.

familymopar

Quote from: typars on September 18, 2014, 06:32:36 PM
And no one has tried to contact me directly.

Ty have you tried to contact the local family that you got the car from?

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8

typars

I asked him a wile back and he was going to go through the files. If he got one or not I don't know. They have at any given time 300- 500 Mopars. 

To sort the time line out better.
Car was bought off used car lot in NC in 75
New owner ( lets call him Chuck )  worked at a body shop then in NC
car was street raced as a complete car for a few years.
wile still working at body  shop it was turned into Wildfire The lettering was done by a person out of Ashville NC This was in the late 70s or early 80s.
All the work and the driving was done by both Chuck and his cousin Jerry.
Car never got running that well at eventually was traded for an A-100 with a Hemi in it That was in either NC or SC  but I think it stayed in NC.
I have placed a call to the person that had the A-100 but cant seem to catch up with him. All this was before the 90s
Then it was sold on eBay in 2003 from an unknown person in an unknown state to an unknown person we think in Mo.
Then some time in 2008 it was bought from a person at mechanic shop in Mo.

Y1CHARGER

Indygenerallee

QuoteThere were two phone numbers listed in the ebay auction for sickmoparfreak  .  NOW GUYS, let Typars make the calls, a flood of calls to these numbers will probably just piss off sickmoparfreak.
Then why didnt you just PM Typars that info!??  :slap:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

moparnation74

[sickmoparfreak.[/quote]   Then why didnt you just PM Typars that info!??  :slap:
[/quote]
Exactly, my thought.  This information is personal and private in nature and should have been PM'd to Typars.  Whether you believe this thread or not.  Have some respect for all parties.

Y1CHARGER

I changed my post. I thought you guys wanted to be kept in the loop but I don't need the criticism, Sorry if I offended anyone, I thought you guys would control yourselves but I guessed wrong. I'll PM him.  If you guys do feel that way you should take it out of your post too

TUFCAT

Y1, ...that was the best information this thread ever had!  

moparnation74

Quote from: Y1CHARGER on September 18, 2014, 09:18:28 PM
I changed my post. Sorry if I offended anyone, I thought you guys would control yourselves but I guessed wrong. I'll PM him.  If you guys do feel that way you should take it out of your post too
Thanks for removing that!

TUFCAT

The info removed by Y1 basically stated the "infamous eBay auction" for the Vin and title ended in Dec, 2003 without meeting reserve.

It was ultimately relisted and sold in June 2004 for $11,000.  The eBay seller was located in South Carolina.  

Y1CHARGER

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 18, 2014, 09:33:55 PM
The info removed by Y1 basically stated there was the infamous eBay auction for the Vin and title ended in Dec, 2003 without meeting reserve.

It was relisted sold in June 2004 for $11,000.  The eBay seller was located in South Carolina.  

In June 2004, The CAR, title, fender tag, and dash VIN plate were at $11000.00 with reserve met but two days left in the auction, I don't know the end dollar amount.

familymopar

Well hey that is great info!  I did not see Y1's original post, but if it had contact info for the guy who listed the car out of SC in 2003, and sold it out of SC in 2004, then that is a gold mine for Typars!  Get after it Typars!

Quote from: moparnation74 on September 18, 2014, 09:10:42 PM
Whether you believe this thread or not. 

After investing about 60 seconds on the internet I believe I can say that Typars is a real dude, he has a real job, he is not new to mopars.  I don't believe there are any ulterior motives here, and I don't think there is any reason to doubt him.  There is nothing funny going on here. 

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8