News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

15 x 8.5 vectors

Started by F8-4life, September 05, 2014, 10:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c00nhunterjoe

Ive got 5 ar turbines that i cant give away. Look very close to the rockets. Also have 8 vectors in 8.5 and 2 in 7....but im not selling those.... lol

Lennard

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on July 10, 2015, 09:53:32 PM
Also have 8 vectors in 8.5 and 2 in 7....but im not selling those.... lol
:slap:

Tease! You sure you don't want to sell me two?  :icon_smile_big:

c00nhunterjoe

Lol, i have drag radials on a set for cruising and bias slicks on the other set for the track. 2 more are unilug which most frown upon.

Lennard

Well, since I need two Vectors for the front I'm not keen on mounting unilugs on there either.  The two 15x10s I have for the rear are unilug. They don't get as many side way forces on them as the steering wheels.

c00nhunterjoe

I would love to get a pair of 10s for my car. Nearly impossible to find at a respectable price.

F8-4life

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on July 12, 2015, 11:05:25 AM
I would love to get a pair of 10s for my car. Nearly impossible to find at a respectable price.

I got these for $125 for the pair.
Can I stuff these under a stock 68 charger well?

skip68

They'll fit in the back without rubbing depending on tires.     :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

c00nhunterjoe

Im at the point that if i had someone local, i would trade 4 of my restored 8.5s for a pair of 10s.

skip68

Here's how they look on back.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Lennard

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on July 12, 2015, 12:40:03 PM
Im at the point that if i had someone local, i would trade 4 of my restored 8.5s for a pair of 10s.
Vectors in general are becoming hard to find, and if you find them with Mopar bolt pattern they want a small fortune for them.
I guess I'm willing to trade the four Rallye wheels I have for sale for two 15x8,5 5on4,5. bolt pattern Vectors

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,118817.0.html

F8-4life

Small update that is appropriate for this thread. This weekend I scored a pair of original AR vectors 15x8.5 for $80 cash. Mopar 4.5 pattern! Deals are still out there!

Lennard

Damn, I bought a pair from a member here for $350 a couple months ago.  ;D

F8-4life

I found these at a local swap meet. They were asking $150.

Lennard

You got an awesome deal!  :2thumbs: Even for $150 I would've jumped on them.

F8-4life

Quote from: Lennard on May 29, 2016, 07:00:24 PM
You got an awesome deal!  :2thumbs: Even for $150 I would've jumped on them.

Thanks man, it defiantly made my weekend.

Brock Lee

I have no problem running unilugs. Get the correct lug nuts and they are fine. We have around 12 sets of Vectors kicking around, there are two sets of actual Chrysler bolt pattern wheels in there if I wanted to use them. The unilugs have never, ever exhibited an issue in the 13 years I have been running them. We have another GL with them we have literally driven in 40 states on over 15 years and never, ever had an issue.

Mike DC

Yeah, but jump one decent size creekbed and the wheels are liable to crack at the bolt holes when you hit the ground.     ::)

Brock Lee

:lol:

That makes me think of those Vectors we saw at the Veluzat's. The ones with huge chunks missing.

Mike DC

Those wheels at the Valuzets' place were BEAT.

I was just in LA a couple weeks ago.  I took a walk through the Valencia property.  It's still there, undeveloped, looking as overgrown as ever.  

The town square set on the Warner Bros backlot has the gazebo removed (in storage.)  The small trees that were growing on the gazebo's island are taller than the buildings now.    

They didn't have their GL on display.  All their other movie cars were temporarily stored for an exhibit of Batmobiles (promoting the Batman vs Superman movie).  

Brock Lee

I went to the Valencia ranch a few years ago. It was overgrown and the roads were washed out in spots. There was a memorial across from the Boars Nest parking lot, by the split for the overlook road. So someone must have died there at some time. Going so soon after the wildfires was the absolute best time.

I have been back to the Veluzat's too. They have a warehouse of stuff we never saw. Stacks of GL doors, hoods, fenders, roof skins, pushbars, wheels..etc..ofcourse they refuse to sell any of it..and have no need to.

Mike DC

I usually take a walk through the Valencia place when I'm in LA (every 2-3 years or so).  I can't remember if I saw that cross there last month or not.  Can't say I was looking for it.  There is always some random crap left in there by local people.  Backpacks, a tent or two, an empty plastic toolbox, a sofa, etc.  

I haven't been back to the Valuzets in a while though.  They have only been open for lookers on certain days.  I might try to make a point of visiting again eventually.  

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Brock Lee on June 04, 2016, 12:44:15 PM
I have no problem running unilugs. Get the correct lug nuts and they are fine. We have around 12 sets of Vectors kicking around, there are two sets of actual Chrysler bolt pattern wheels in there if I wanted to use them. The unilugs have never, ever exhibited an issue in the 13 years I have been running them. We have another GL with them we have literally driven in 40 states on over 15 years and never, ever had an issue.

Nor do I, but you have to check them a lot.  Mine tend to get loose after a couple hundred miles and I have to retighten them.  :Twocents:

Brock Lee

I never had them loosen up..but until last year I still ran the factory studs (reverse threads on the left)..so maybe now it will change. I will keep an eye on it.

Not saying this is the case, but I knew a guy running unilugs on his Lee that always had them loosen. He was talking about it one day when I was over and I looked at it. His shanks were too long and bottoming out. It was just slightly different from the wheel depth so it felt firm and no visible gap. We ground them down a bit and he says they have been fine since.

Calif240

8.5 x 15 up front and 10 x 15 in back... Both 10 spoke AR vectors.
Terry
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.

Lennard

Quote from: Calif240 on June 19, 2016, 12:38:41 AM
8.5 x 15 up front and 10 x 15 in back... Both 10 spoke AR vectors.
Terry
:2thumbs: Picture?