News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

speed-o-motive

Started by rare69, December 20, 2005, 11:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rare69

anybody delt with speedomotive before, thinking of buying 496 stroker for the charger since i cant have my #'s matching motor. talked with august at speedomotive and it sounds like a pretty good deal.

golden73

I would check out http://www.440source.com

You could save a few bucks with their kit  :yesnod:

Ghoste

I was just reading about their entry in the Royal Purple Hemi Challenge or whatever it is.  Anyway, Mopar Muscle magazine seemed to have a lot of good things to say about them.

rare69

thanks for the replies, put order in for motor with august and should have a 496 stroker in about six weeks,will let you know how it go's when cars Mobil.

emanscharger

I just ordered the royal purple hemi motor with august..he's a good guy. How did you make out with your motor with them?

rare69

just picked it up and the charger isnt ready for it yet, but it should be quite a ride when its done.the dyno sheet says he did a hell of a job! :yesnod:

emanscharger

Tell me more!!   how much horse? torque?? 

TomP

I bought a 451 stroker kit from Speed-O-Motive a few years ago and they sent me a really funky crank which had a strange rear flange.  I think it was from an industrial motor or an early hemi or something like that.  It didn't have a register for the torque converter and was about 5/8" longer than a real 440 crank.   They were pretty unresponsive to my problem.  Luckily, my machinist found me a new (used) crank that was in better shape than the one they sent me.    He also had to replace one or two of the rods they sent me because they were way out of weight spec compared to the rest of the rods. 

I'll not use them again.  My next stroker project will be a 528 Wedge from 440Source.com.
'70 Charger R/T Clone - FE5/V1W 451/727/Dana/4 wheel disc brakes/AC (Under Restification)
'70 Challenger - FM3/V1W 440/727/8.75/4 wheel disc brakes (Under Restification)
'74 Duster - FM3/V1W 225/904/7.25 Disc/Drum
'93 RAM D250 - 5.9L/A518/9.25 (Old Sacto Cop Truck)
'94 BMW 740iL

Yes, I'm a Dodge Boy.  Verstehen?