News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what color ?

Started by don duick, September 30, 2014, 04:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fy469rtse

I love spikes car , is that fy4 on a 70 , that's my current colour Don , mines 69 though , but nice colour
Panther pink ? Look alike rt white top and interior
I'm starting to like that steel black wheel look , going to have get a set , just for a change look of car , when I feel like it  :2thumbs:

don duick

Quote from: fy469rtse on October 02, 2014, 05:27:46 AM
I love spikes car , is that fy4 on a 70 , that's my current colour Don , mines 69 though , but nice colour
Panther pink ? Look alike rt white top and interior
I'm starting to like that steel black wheel look , going to have get a set , just for a change look of car , when I feel like it  :2thumbs:
I also have a set of black steelies always liked them. I alternate between them and the magnums

workworkwork

I own black car and it looks great but every time I drive it I have to clean it. It has to be kept in the garage when not in use because pollen and every other spec of dust and grime shows up on the car. Once day outside and it looks filthy. One day driving and it looks filthy. Drive it in the rain and it really looks dirty, like you haven't cleaned it in months. So, although black is a really nice color it is extremely hard to maintain if you want your car to look clean. I own a white car and believe it or not it is easier to maintain and looks a lot less dirty when used than the black car.

B5 blue, is actually a great color. Not sure why you don't like it. But, Yellow, Red or Silver would be cool colors with not as much maintenance. White is not so much a cool color but looks nice for a long time. I always liked the torquoise with the white top and white interior but not as much with black interior. I particularly like red and black combinations and yellow and black combinations.

don duick

Quote from: workworkwork on October 02, 2014, 04:45:14 PM
I own black car and it looks great but every time I drive it I have to clean it. It has to be kept in the garage when not in use because pollen and every other spec of dust and grime shows up on the car. Once day outside and it looks filthy. One day driving and it looks filthy. Drive it in the rain and it really looks dirty, like you haven't cleaned it in months. So, although black is a really nice color it is extremely hard to maintain if you want your car to look clean. I own a white car and believe it or not it is easier to maintain and looks a lot less dirty when used than the black car.

B5 blue, is actually a great color. Not sure why you don't like it. But, Yellow, Red or Silver would be cool colors with not as much maintenance. White is not so much a cool color but looks nice for a long time. I always liked the torquoise with the white top and white interior but not as much with black interior. I particularly like red and black combinations and yellow and black combinations.

yeah yellow and black is a great looking combination

Dreamcar

Quote from: Stegs on September 30, 2014, 08:14:55 AM

if your sick of stock colors I suggest a burnt copper metallic......Stacey david from spike tv "trucks and "gearz" did a project years ago called copperhead

If you google it im sure it will come up. That copper color has always caught my eye on any vehicle...on a b body mopar  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

YES YES YES!! Copper color paint, dark/black rims, and black stripe with black interior.

There's a member on here who's changing a burnt orange/copper type color '70 in a GL, but I think a copper looked great on his car with the dark rims.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Ghoste

Funny how tastes change though, when I first had the 67, which was Turbine Bronze-close to copper, 15 years ago everybody hated the color and I was constantly advised to paint it.  Towards the end I was getting compliments.  Look at all the 1969 era cars that were green, it was in at the time and now a lot don't like it.

maxwellwedge

I like Go Mango as well as most of the other Hi-Impact colors. Just remember - without a vinyl top, some of those colors will look like overload on such a big body.

don duick

Quote from: maxwellwedge on October 03, 2014, 12:33:59 PM
I like Go Mango as well as most of the other Hi-Impact colors. Just remember - without a vinyl top, some of those colors will look like overload on such a big body.

yes some colours don't work without a vinyl roof. Black roof has to be vinyl and a white roof also looks ok painted.

polywideblock

can't go wrong with the plum / white top ,stripe and interior      :drool5:

I'd add the v21 hood blackout and the rear spoiler for that bit more eye candy   :yesnod:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

don duick

Yes plum crazy is also on my list but difficult to find in our paint shops. Ford wild violet is an easier option.

polywideblock

if your over here what about PPG passion purple   

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

don duick

ok thanks I will have a look

Alteramod

I was having same problem with the 73 we are just starting on. What color?!?!?! Finally decided lastnight. Its a gm color though. Arctic white. I had it on my 2000 alero and remember how it looked at dusk. Reminds you of an iceburg. Also love light khaki which is a jeep color. Pair that with black rims and no chrome anywhere it looks mean. Check those colors out.

Monziac

One of the favoritw cilors I ever sprayed was 1988 Medium orange Metallic from a Camaro. Color has lots of pearl in it and just pops in the sun. I sprayed my Charger Cortez Silver from 68 Camaro.  Love it!