News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What site featured the details of the interior of the new general lee?

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, March 21, 2006, 12:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

What site featured the details of the interior of the new general lee? i.e. cb radio,antenna,shifter and steering wheel?-MATT

miamivice

what do you mean NEW general lee?   you talking Movie GL???
planning on building one or something??   how many cars are you planning on building ???

THE CHARGER PUNK

no i meant the movie general lee with the b&m shifter and grant gt sheel-MATT

wLc

The MGL features the following:
Legendary Interior Seat Covers
Legendary Interior Door Panels
Phoenix Graphix General Lee Decal Kit
Verge In-Dash CD Player (VMP508)
Grant F/X Wheel Part Number: 737
Specialty Installation/Horn Kit Part Number: 4313
Autometer 3904 tachometer with shift light
B&M StarShifter
Cobra HG-A1500 Magnet mount antenna
Cobra 29 WX NW ST CB Radio w/Sound-Tracker & Nightwatch
BF Goodrich Radial T/A 235/60/15
In the depths of a mind insane
Fantasy and reality are the same

Mike DC

The MGLs' headliners (and the headliner trim) were black despite the tan interior.  Never saw that in any of the original TV series cars.

And I'm pretty sure that Legendary screwed up the "General Lee" vinyl color on that batch, so it was just a bit darker than their usual GL color.  But on camera it didn't look a lot different.

wLc

That's a good point Mike. The headliner, A pillar trim, kick panels, rear package tray, and carpet were all black. Apparently it was easier for Cooter to leave all those items black/in place when restoring the General because of the rollbar.
In the depths of a mind insane
Fantasy and reality are the same

Mike DC

I actually think the headliners looked pretty good that way in the movie. 

It worked to darken the look of the car's interior & draw attention away from it (when viewed from outside the car) despite the fact that every surface you actually saw inside the car through the windows was still light tan.

RAWPWR

68 R/T Charger 440<br />00 Dakota

Mike DC

Some entire cars were really 1968s (and I don't just mean the rough stunt cars).  They put '69 seatcovers onto the seats inside the car, but most of the rest of the '68 interior stuff was retained.

Look at the dashpads for the real year of the car.  Both in the old TV series and in the new movie, they've never bothered to switch the dashpads when converting the wrong-year cars.