News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Leaking everywhere

Started by daznik, October 03, 2014, 05:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daznik

Hello to all members of this forum.  :cheers:  I just bought 71 charger se with 383 hp (N index)  motor. I drive from seller at approx 350 km distance. As my dash lights don't working ( Or I don't know how to use them) and it was dark I sometimes accelerated up to 120mph  :o , I don't feel the speed, is it 60 or 120 all is the same. Also I dont feel dimensions yet. I'm from europe, so the car is huge.  When I parked it, after 10 hours i saw a lot of leaks on the floor. The most of them was oil but one is fuel  :-\ . I could't look underneath it at that time and then I left the country with it for some months. So While it staying in defferent country and I couldn't look under I need some literature/ manual/ parts catalogue so I could buy some parts for it (some seals, gaskets, fuel tank, etc.) But I couldn't find the books for 3rd gen. Only body service manual. Where do you find this? 

Ghoste

Mymopar has some manuals that you can download although the chassis manual may not be among them.  You should be able to find cd-rom versions of the service and parts manuals on e-bay.
If the car sat for a long time before you purchased it, it isn't uncommon to find leaks.  Probably dried gaskets and seals.
Welcome to the group, you'll have to get us some pics of the car.

Dino

Welcome aboard!  Where in Europe do you reside?  Former Belgian here.   :icon_smile_big:

Like Ghoste said, the gaskets are probably all dry rotted so it's best to replace as much as you can.  Start with the obvious ones: valve covers, oil and trans pan.  Also replace all the rubber fuel lines and check the metal lines for corrosion. 

No dash lights may be just a blown fuse.  On a 2nd gen the same fuse controls the taillights but not sure if that's the case on 3rd gens so do check them.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

daznik

Quote from: Dino on October 03, 2014, 05:53:54 PM
Welcome aboard!  Where in Europe do you reside?  Former Belgian here.   :icon_smile_big:

Like Ghoste said, the gaskets are probably all dry rotted so it's best to replace as much as you can.  Start with the obvious ones: valve covers, oil and trans pan.  Also replace all the rubber fuel lines and check the metal lines for corrosion. 

No dash lights may be just a blown fuse.  On a 2nd gen the same fuse controls the taillights but not sure if that's the case on 3rd gens so do check them.
Thanks for yours replies.

I'm from Belarus but the car in Czech Republic.
That's why I want to find some manual to see what gaskets it has and what I need to buy. Also about fuel lines, brake lines, and so on. It's my first american car so I'm not familar with them. Also as it sits noe in different country than I'm and the shipping of parts could take up to 2 months so I want to order as much as possible.
Here is some pics.

Dino

That's one beautiful Charger.   :yesnod:  I don't care for the sticker but to each his own.

I haven't been in that part of the world for a very long time.  What's the car scene like over there these days?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.