News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Edelbrock E Street heads?

Started by Ghoste, October 18, 2014, 10:52:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Yes, yes, yes, a hundred dumb questions again lately, but...
I see these advertised and specs seem like they are the same head they've been doing for a while, are these something new or is just so supposed to confuse anyone who might be looking at the Indy EZ Street heads?

b5blue

Keep the questions coming Ghoste, I'm wanting to find the best option for my kinda stock built 440 also. Some of the heads come within a few hundred bucks of each other and like you getting "it right" is more important than saving 200 bucks. On the other hand paying more for something that offers no gain for your application or end goal is just wasteful.  :2thumbs:

BSB67

Quote from: Ghoste on October 18, 2014, 10:52:00 AM
Yes, yes, yes, a hundred dumb questions again lately, but...
I see these advertised and specs seem like they are the same head they've been doing for a while, are these something new or is just so supposed to confuse anyone who might be looking at the Indy EZ Street heads?

Less costly version of the Performer RPM.  Can get in a 75 cc combustion chamber.  Smart choice for all those 0.090 - 0.140" in the hole motors out there IMO.  Flow numbers are not quite as good OOTB as the RPM but much better than stock.  Will port to the same numbers as the RPMs.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Mike DC

Weren't the RPMs the first ones they made, and the Victors are the biggest (wedge) ones?

I can't imagine the company designed a third casting/etc just to offer a low end model.  Is this thing a RPM head with less of the costly porting work or something? 

Ghoste

rt green

haven't priced them yet, but sounds like a good street head. I would  imagine they are cheaper, but with porting costs, is it a better deal then RPM's?
third string oil changer

Ghoste

If you are going to port them though, you may as well get the ones that are already done.

heyoldguy

Geez, doesn't anybody call Edelbrock?

The have the same port shape, angled spark plugs, cheaper valve springs, and cheaper hard seats installed in the heads. They are classified as an entry level cylinder head. 75cc version and 84cc version. Basically you get an RPM head with cheap crap installed in two cc versions.

Challenger340

IMO,
best useage is getting them professionally prepped and ported from new.
and NO,
Factory CNC jobs are never as good as hand ported..... "Close"... but no cigar !

Again just IMO,
but I think factory Edelbrock Valve seat preps are designed to just "beat themselves in" once installed to seal ?
nonetheless,
they can picked up HUGE from ootb by application of a real seat job right at the start.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Ghoste

And no, I didn't call them.  Have no intention to either and don't apologize for it.

don duick

the main difference between rpm and E street is the valve seats. Rpm have inserts where the Es have some sort of treatment to the valve seat area and very delicate to machine, I was told this by a head reconditioner. 

b5blue

Ghoste I just got off the phone with Moparts about the Sidewinder heads. That is not a typo, 850.00 for 2 heads and 16 valves. Give him a call and talk to him about your situation. He's partnered in these heads development and testing. This may be the way to go without breaking the bank, I might just hold off on interior work to go this route myself.  :scratchchin:

rt green

850. 2 heads.  I'm thinking tax return.
third string oil changer

ChargerST

The Sidewinder heads are an interesting option. First pictures and flow numbers look promising. I might get a set soon...  :coolgleamA: