News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fuel/brake hard lines please help!

Started by Bulldog69, October 28, 2014, 05:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog69

Almost ready to run brake and fuel lines, any suggestions on brand to go with, material( oem or stainless), tips on install, or general knowledge to share of process? Also, any special concerns with filler tube hook up to tank?

comet_666

I called inline tube and ordered stainless everything , did not ever want to have to screw with it again. Go pre-bent it will save you any headaches.

Mopar Nut

Fine lines and In-line tube would not custom bend a transmission line to my radiator for a 10" hook up. Right Stuff Detailing (http://www.getdiscbrakes.com/) is custom bending me one out of stainless as I type. I also will be going stainless on everything.

They will match prices too with free shipping.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

PlainfieldCharger

Went stainless on mine. Make sure you get'em tight...they will leak...The stainless is not as "soft" as the standard lines.... :Twocents:

Dino

I used Right Stuff fuel lines, ordered from Summit.  They needed few adjustment, overall they fit nicely.  I used the plain ones, if the old ones could last this long then I see no reason to get SS.  I definitely do not want to mess with SS brake lines and have it leak but to each his own.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

PlainfieldCharger

The thing that got me on the leaking part is that I knew it was a problem and took what I thought was corrective measures...LOL still leaked at the MC...I think I got it now... :shruggy:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Dino on October 29, 2014, 08:09:09 AM
I used Right Stuff fuel lines, ordered from Summit.  They needed few adjustment, overall they fit nicely.  I used the plain ones, if the old ones could last this long then I see no reason to get SS.  I definitely do not want to mess with SS brake lines and have it leak but to each his own.

I agree - The plain steel ones have lasted 45 years on a lot of my stuff.....and it doesn't leak and looks right. But that is my hang up - use what you want ....  :lol:

ODZKing

I agree, your choice.  But my  :Twocents:  is the OEM lasted 40 years plus ... these will outlast me.
I went with the less expensive OEM.

Nickrc3

I also prefer steel over stainless for their sealing qualities. Spray the lines with a stain clear paint before installing - keeps them looking new.

Bulldog69

I am so glad I found this website. You guys rock!  Thanks again for all the help!