News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New 68-69 Lower dash pads pre order?

Started by comet_666, October 24, 2014, 01:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RallyeMike

QuoteI got an email today from PG Classics.

My lower dash pads are on their way...

From China.  scratchchin

The center AC pad is the one piece I have really been waiting on. It would be great if you could give us a review and post a couple of good photos!

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: RallyeMike on August 18, 2022, 11:31:25 PM
QuoteI got an email today from PG Classics.

My lower dash pads are on their way...

From China.  scratchchin

The center AC pad is the one piece I have really been waiting on. It would be great if you could give us a review and post a couple of good photos!

I fully intend to post several pictures, and give my opinion.

It might be a while, though.

China is a long ways away.

Daytona R/T SE

The lower dash pads came today.

They actually look pretty good.

I haven't had a chance to do a side by side comparison with my 53+ year old melted-looking originals yet, but I think these might be OK.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on August 30, 2022, 11:17:34 PM

I haven't had a chance to do a side by side comparison with my 53+ year old melted-looking originals yet, but I think these might be OK.

How's the grain or have you had a chance to compare?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Mopar Nut on September 23, 2022, 04:47:07 AM

Sorry, I totally forgot about this, I'll try to get a close up side by side photo today or tomorrow.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 24, 2022, 08:06:51 AM

Sorry, I totally forgot about this, I'll try to get a close up side by side photo today or tomorrow.
Thank you.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Mopar Nut on September 25, 2022, 09:33:29 PM

Thank you.

I should get to it tomorrow. It's been on my mind, but I just haven't had time the last few days.

If you've ever had to resort to using an air chisel to remove an oil filter from a 318, you'll understand.

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 26, 2022, 04:16:16 PM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on September 25, 2022, 09:33:29 PM

Thank you.

I should get to it tomorrow. It's been on my mind, but I just haven't had time the last few days.

If you've ever had to resort to using an air chisel to remove an oil filter from a 318, you'll understand.

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:
Been there with my 383, the previous owner thought oil was leaking from the filter, it was leaking from the power steering pump. So he tightened the filter super tight.

Daytona R/T SE

Backside of the new parts, complete with rusty fingerprints from sweaty Chinese fingers.  :slap:

There are no mounting points for the A/C vents, something will have to be added to fix this, also there are no screw holes for mounting the plastic trim piece under the steering column.

Daytona R/T SE

Old, melted, sticky, disgusting and the new one.

Daytona R/T SE

Grain close up-old, melted, sticky and disgusting.

Daytona R/T SE

Grain close up, new.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Mopar Nut

They do look good. Thanks for the write up.

PG Classic's?

Daytona R/T SE

Mopar Nut

Charger-Bodie

I saw a set at holley moparty . look good. But, do they fit a dash and each other?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Mopar Nut

Received mine today after only 8 days from Canada. They look better in person than they do in pictures. My pieces are powder coated black where the metal should be. No rust on these.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Mopar Nut on October 10, 2022, 11:04:26 PM
Received mine today after only 8 days from Canada. They look better in person than they do in pictures. My pieces are powder coated black where the metal should be. No rust on these.

:2thumbs:

Hemidog

70gtx440dana

Looking forward to a review of the installation on these. Please provide details and photos after installation.
70 Road Runner FJ5 383-4speed Air Grabber
70 GTX FE5 440-4speed Dana 3.54
70 Charger R/T FJ5 440-4peed Dana 3.54

Hemidog

I will post pics of the installation, but it will probably not be for a while.
Meanwhile, here are some pictures of the arrived parts, they look pretty good at first glance, but I have not compared them with the originals (which are severly shrunken)

Hemidog

@Daytona R/T SE: Does you new pads look the same on both sides above the steering column? Mine are a little off.