News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

This photo from Indy 84

Started by Ghoste, October 09, 2014, 05:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Apologies to Troy because I'm positive this pic is up here somewhere already, but...
The girl is NOT one of the Direct Connection models correct?  Also I noticed the Daytona beside the Superbird she's on.

Aero426

The Daytona with the side mouldings was Bob McBride's out of Frankfort Indiana.     It was sold by his estate several years ago, and resold not too long after.     

Ghoste

Oh ok, not the car I was thinking then.  Thanks Doug.

talkiemopar

The bird is my bird. WOW that was 30 years ago when the bird looked good. The girl is OK    to.  :drool5: :drool5: :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_wink:   Rick.

70Sbird

Not to Hijack, but here is another one with a similar theme, DC Tshirts and 2 wing cars in the photo. Not my pic, but I'm guessing about that same era. I think the silver daytona may be Wayne Perkins' car. Not sure about the green one.

Scott Faulkner

Ghoste

Davtona

Quote from: 70Sbird on October 09, 2014, 01:17:33 PM
Not to Hijack, but here is another one with a similar theme, DC Tshirts and 2 wing cars in the photo. Not my pic, but I'm guessing about that same era. I think the silver daytona may be Wayne Perkins' car. Not sure about the green one.

Do we know where and when this picture was taken? Was it at the meet in St. Louis in 1982 out at the dragstrip?  :scratchchin:  Wayne's silver car was at that meet I know.

Ghoste

moparchris

1st Mopar Nat's I ever attended.  Also the 1st time I ever flew on a plane.  Hey...what can I say?  I had a deprived child hood :nana:

BPTRacing

Quote from: Ghoste on October 09, 2014, 05:59:14 AM
Apologies to Troy because I'm positive this pic is up here somewhere already, but...
The girl is NOT one of the Direct Connection models correct?  Also I noticed the Daytona beside the Superbird she's on.

I took that picture. It was in Indy 84. No it was not a DC girl. And most likely if she still looked anything like that I would still be married to her! lol

If I remember correctly, someone asked if I would mind if she would pose on the car for them. in '84 she would have been 19.

EDIT - Not that I am getting old, but I seem to have a hard to recalling if the picture was from 84 or from 82. I know it was in the infield at the Indy 500 track. But I can't remember if she was 17 when she got that swimsuit or 19.  :scratchchin: Cause this one was 82
Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

odcics2

wing ornaments.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Ghoste

And how could anyone not like that?  :icon_smile_big:

Mytur Binsdirti

Did you catch anyone sniffing your wing after they left?

FJ5WING

is that car still sportin the white top?
wingless now, but still around.

djcarguy