News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

superbird nose lights

Started by radical, October 22, 2014, 05:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radical

Okay I am a newbie to your site We have been restoring mopar muscle cars for the last 12 years and finally we have a superbird to do. This car was hit very hard in the left frt corner at one time in its life so we have to put a complete frt on it rails skirts firewall etc other then that it is a very solid car. I have a nose cone coming from abramas what I need to know is the lites in the nose what are they out of as this car just has some plexi glass with lites in behind it. I am sure I will run into a few more problems as I go thanks for know.

hotrod98

The best advice I have for you is to find a shop that is familiar with building Superbirds, sub the work out to them and then mark the costs up and charge your customer accordingly.
The headlights are made up of several parts specifically built for Superbirds and Daytonas. Don't use any fiberglass parts. The headlamp doors are cast resin and all other parts are steel.  The assemblies consist of headlamp buckets, special mounting bolts, pivots, doors, adjusters, vacuum pods, vacuum pod reinforcements, vacuum lines, vacuum canister and special headlamp harnesses.
I hope you're not planning to use a fiberglass nose. That won't help when it comes to assembling everything.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

radical

I am using a steel nose the old one still has all the headlamp etc stuff in it I was talking about the parklamp assemblies in the nose. thanks

Wingnut426

70-71 Plymouth Fury parking lights. Clear lenses only. Amber lenses were not used on Superbirds.  Wingnut
HEMI Daytona Convertible

FJ5WING

you should start by getting one of the manuals off Ebay that explain the Superbird specific parts in exploded views. This will give you some idea of the assembly. Theyre pretty cheap and plentiful.
wingless now, but still around.

62 Max

Quote from: radical on October 23, 2014, 07:16:02 AM
I am using a steel nose the old one still has all the headlamp etc stuff in it I was talking about the parklamp assemblies in the nose. thanks

This lens and a "3/16" spacer on each mounting screw between it and the housing.

hotrod98

Quote from: radical on October 23, 2014, 07:16:02 AM

I bought a set of the repro lenses for my bird from Mike Ross at BEA Parts.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

FJ5WING

I don't remember any spacers.

Can any post a picture of the spacers Bill mentioned?
wingless now, but still around.

62 Max

Dave,from the Superbird assembly manual.

Hemi_tyme

Quote from: 62 Max on October 24, 2014, 05:20:17 PM

The spacers the manual refers to, go onto each of the two studs on the back of the turn signal housing that attaches to the nose brackets. Not between the lens and housing.

62 Max

Quote from: Hemi_tyme on October 24, 2014, 08:45:50 PM
Quote from: 62 Max on October 24, 2014, 05:20:17 PM

The spacers the manual refers to, go onto each of the two studs on the back of the turn signal housing that attaches to the nose brackets. Not between the lens and housing.

I knew they were there,been a long time since I put mine together,"OLD AGE"!! :image_294343:

held1823

you can find the superbird parts list supplement in a zip file here....

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=107
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

arrow

Something like this