News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

383 performance, stroker kit and general setup....

Started by pede8800, February 17, 2015, 04:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pede8800

Hello you guys..
I have an 383 engine which i want to put a stroker kit in, what manufacturers/dealers do you reckomend??
And what setup do you think would fit to the nemcoming stroker engine, such as which carb, manifold, camshaft and etc??

Hoping for some good advice, Thank you in advance..
Many regards Peder   :2thumbs:

XH29N0G

You should get some good advice on what you need from the folks here.  There may be some additional information that you will want to provide about what you want out of it.  I think there are basically three options in stroke (3.75, 3.9, and 4.15").  I think there are differences in the behavior of these combinations.  How they are set up also will influence how they behave.  I will stop there because there are others here who can advise much more knowledgeably.  I am using a 3.9 stroke 383 and like it.  I hear the same from people with other combinations.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Challenger340

Quote from: pede8800 on February 17, 2015, 04:18:46 PM
Hello you guys..
I have an 383 engine which i want to put a stroker kit in, what manufacturers/dealers do you reckomend??
And what setup do you think would fit to the nemcoming stroker engine, such as which carb, manifold, camshaft and etc??

Hoping for some good advice, Thank you in advance..
Many regards Peder   :2thumbs:

About as BASIC as it gets for 383 based Strokers is the "431-438" Cubic Inch 3.75" Stroke variants, with Kits available from many manufacturers like 440 Source, Eagle, etc.
They are the smallest.... but offer probably the most versatile "FIT" as it relates to entry level Stealth and Edelbrock Head offerings.

from there...
BIGGER Stroker kits are available all the way up closer to 500"... but really, IMO, without substantial additional Porting work on the Entry level Stealth and Eddy Heads, the rpm capabilities begin to suffer as the Engine size starts to outstripe the Head capabilities....
not to mention,
Angularity and Main Cap compromises that begin to factor in with 383 Blocks ?

Things like Gearing, Tire Diameter, Auto or Stick.... and driving style INTENTIONS ?, would assist greatly in any recommendations people here can chime in with ?
And don't forget to read through the "Proven Engine Combo's" section here for some ideas.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/board,30.0.html

Good Luck in your research :2thumbs:
Only wimps wear Bowties !