News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hotchkis tie rods...

Started by 1974dodgecharger, October 31, 2014, 08:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Wow my car is way responsive now....almost too responsive.

myk

That's interesting; I was actually going to skip on their tie rods to save money.  All things being equal, how do their tie rods outperform stock ones?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

1974dodgecharger

In all honesty bump steer improved 10 percent the upper control arms was most improvement at 90 percent removal of that.  The steering is responsive a slight movement and well it turns my wheels on the road....are they needed, not really, but like I said turning is improved but to warrant  268 bucks, I would say control arms are first before this, but for someone looking for that 10 percent gain in steering responsiveness this will help greatly and reduce bump steer.

fy469rtse

The only problem with using those is there short life race only
Unlike factory parts ball part is un shielded against dirt grime water and such , won't last long on a road driven car
Helm joints are for race cars
Your old tie rods must have been in bad shape,
I have new tie rods but have used the same type solid billit joining sleeve to remove the flex from the factory threaded adjuster

myk

Don't the Hotchkis dust boots provide adequate protection?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

1974dodgecharger

Yes old tie rods were bad for sure if one wanted to save money buy pst sleeves for 50 bucks and get the 11/16 size e body tie rod ends for 15 bucks a piece need four total amazon and autozone sell me cheap also. 

Why do u call the hotchkis part for racing? They do have boots for them and I live in AZ where roads are nice out here not in east or anything.  I can always install boots later also if I want them for now they work great. 

The benefit of these over ball joints is bump steer and that is scary as he'll on a highway driving with these I get no bump steer, but will never be better than rack and pinion of modern cars.

Are they worth it? That's up to the buyer  260 bucks to reduce bump steer 10 percent or deal with it.

For me I got these for 125 bucks shipped......as a special deal I found as well with all my hotchkis parts.