News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ready to wing it? Daytons wings to be made

Started by Daytona Guy, October 27, 2014, 12:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

Taking new orders. The pictures give the details of these wings. I try to make the center section of the wing (like an extruded wing) as original as possible. The uprights are as original as possible with the mounting stud reinforced placement. A wing includes mounting studs in place and 2 stainless allen head bolts.

The wings come primed and for most people all they will need is fine sanding and paint.  

The process takes 2 to 3 months with half down. The total cost is $1900.00. It usually take about $125.00 or so for shipping.

Usually do at least 3 wings at a time to make it worth the foundries time. My son, who is an amazing artist, as well as a car guy (as if he could be anything thing other), is helping me now with my wings so I can keep up after my shoulder replacement.

There is a Superbird wing from a HEMI award winning Bird - Notice the misalignment that was very common. I try to avoid this by mating and matching each wing. This does make my wings ones offs that are not interchangeable - but makes the one wing you get look really good :)

Dane

screen shot

Stevearino

Wish I was in the market for one. I'd like to have one just because they look so darn good. :yesnod: :yesnod:

Charger-Bodie

They really are a work of art. I had one on my HEMI Daytona clone and was a very nice part.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hemi68charger

Lost the pictures good Buddy........ Never mind.. It is on my end........... My cell phone sees the pictures.........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

odcics2

At least it'll be easy to know these from original parts - they are superior in quality.   :cheers:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

70 sublime

I got one from the last batch and they are sweet  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Daytona Guy

Thanks guys - I'm glad you like them...

I'm deliberating on if a solid cheaper wing would be desirable for some that can't afford a hollow wing? It would sell for 1,200.00 finished. Just a thought. They weigh 90lbs, roughly 40lbs more than the hollow wings. I used them for years. It is like having a spare in your trunk - weight wise.

Dane

XS29L9B2

Daytona Guy

Do not make noses. I feel that is covered by some good guys making good products at a good price :)

I was thinking of making a cast aluminum nose, but at .25 inches thick would weigh too much.

Dane

XS29L9B2

Quote from: Daytona Guy on November 03, 2014, 12:02:29 AM
Do not make noses. I feel that is covered by some good guys making good products at a good price :)

I was thinking of making a cast aluminum nose, but at .25 inches thick would weigh too much.

Dane

thank you for your answers