News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homerr

For posterity or laughs.  Feel free to post cars that are priced at least twice their value to a buyer.

$28,000

Quote1970 dodge charger 500 ,power steering power disc brakes,factory air ,383 four barrel car auto runs and drives great buckets seat console car,been sitting for a while have many extra parts will answer any question by email ONLY to serious people i don't want to put my number down and have people calling me who are not serious thanks for looking $28,000 car is in Sacramento

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/4751302739.html

==================

$85,000

Quote1968 charger original 4 speed car, clear colorado title in hand!
all body work is done and yes you could take a shave in the mirror black paint
this has the best of the best i will sell it for less than what i have in it over $76,786.73 in new parts alone with over $125,000 out of pocket with parts and labor,
with invoices to prove

will need about 11k to 15k to finish or less if you do the work your self
i have just run out of time to know i will never finish it
please no games no text i will not respond to text
please call for more info

i have a little flex in the price but not 1/2 asking $85,000 , contact me for the detailed list of parts please
Thanks
Ed 303-840-one- zero- 7 zero

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4751779091.html

Dino

What always surprises me is these people who can sink over 100 grand into a toy yet still cannot use proper grammar and punctuation.  What kind of job are they doing that does not require these very basic skills yet they get paid this much?   :lol:

Good luck to both sellers getting rid of those cars at their asking prices.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

chargerperson

A very nice car if you are into Pro Touring/resto mods but at $187K would seem to meet the criteria for this thread!

Link to the listing

http://www.happycarz.com/showroom/1968-dodge-charger-rt-pro-touring/

Stevearino

Quote from: Homerr on November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM
For posterity or laughs.  Feel free to post cars that are priced at least twice their value to a buyer.

$28,000

Quote1970 dodge charger 500 ,power steering power disc brakes,factory air ,383 four barrel car auto runs and drives great buckets seat console car,been sitting for a while have many extra parts will answer any question by email ONLY to serious people i don't want to put my number down and have people calling me who are not serious thanks for looking $28,000 car is in Sacramento

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/4751302739.html

==================

$85,000

Quote1968 charger original 4 speed car, clear colorado title in hand!
all body work is done and yes you could take a shave in the mirror black paint
this has the best of the best i will sell it for less than what i have in it over $76,786.73 in new parts alone with over $125,000 out of pocket with parts and labor,
with invoices to prove

will need about 11k to 15k to finish or less if you do the work your self
i have just run out of time to know i will never finish it
please no games no text i will not respond to text
please call for more info

i have a little flex in the price but not 1/2 asking $85,000 , contact me for the detailed list of parts please
Thanks
Ed 303-840-one- zero- 7 zero

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4751779091.html

I don't know. If that animal trap in front of the greeb car is included I think this might be a fair price. :slap:

Mytur Binsdirti

Ghoste

Those restomod things are always a tough sell.  It sucks up an enormous amount of money to do them but they are one persons vision and you have to find that one buyer with deep pockets who shares your customized tastes.

chargerperson

Quote from: Ghoste on November 09, 2014, 06:30:38 PM
Those restomod things are always a tough sell.  It sucks up an enormous amount of money to do them but they are one persons vision and you have to find that one buyer with deep pockets who shares your customized tastes.

Agree on the restomod but this one seems to be quite pricey.  RKMotors has two for $149k and $139k which seemed high until I see the $188k listing noted above.

At the risk of becoming a delusional seller in the future I have a 67 Charger being restomod'ed.  Car was non-matching numbers with a '78 400 when I bought it.  I was not planning on the restomod theme but at each fork in the road (engine (wanted horsepower that worked), transmission (switched to 6 speed), brakes (wanted to stop), suspension (RMS worked well with modern Hemi)) I went with something modern.  With the exception of the tires (17" most likely) my goal is to retain the original appearance both inside and out.

ws23rt

Quote from: chargerperson on November 09, 2014, 08:05:17 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on November 09, 2014, 06:30:38 PM

Agree on the restomod but this one seems to be quite pricey.  RKMotors has two for $149k and $139k which seemed high until I see the $188k listing noted above.

At the risk of becoming a delusional seller in the future I have a 67 Charger being restomod'ed.  Car was non-matching numbers with a '78 400 when I bought it.  I was not planning on the restomod theme but at each fork in the road (engine (wanted horsepower that worked), transmission (switched to 6 speed), brakes (wanted to stop), suspension (RMS worked well with modern Hemi)) I went with something modern.  With the exception of the tires (17" most likely) my goal is to retain the original appearance both inside and out.

Your project is fitting into the restomod. It's something you want to fill your passion.
When we start talking about market value it messes up the issues.
A buyer for a restomod car is so much harder to find that it may as well be tossed as an option. That is if one expects to recover cost.
When we build a car to our liking is it not for us?-- and seldom the next owner?
A good question for someone looking for a car is ---how about a restomod?  Does someone else's project make your socks roll up and down?  Do you start thinking of the changes to be made?
Money/value is always an issue but the bottom line is it cost money as apposed to recovering losses and getting ahead.
We spend to play---this is not a business! :lol:

chargerperson

[/quote]

Your project is fitting into the restomod. It's something you want to fill your passion.
When we start talking about market value it messes up the issues.
A buyer for a restomod car is so much harder to find that it may as well be tossed as an option. That is if one expects to recover cost.
When we build a car to our liking is it not for us?-- and seldom the next owner?
A good question for someone looking for a car is ---how about a restomod?  Does someone else's project make your socks roll up and down?  Do you start thinking of the changes to be made?
Money/value is always an issue but the bottom line is it cost money as apposed to recovering losses and getting ahead.
We spend to play---this is not a business! :lol:
[/quote]

Thanks for the note.  Agree 100%.  Having my car made to taste for maximum fun, not to make money.  After owning for 14 years thought I should do it right.  Fully realize the financials.

Patronus

Ha! Perfect idea for thread. Now I know where I can go for a laugh, like that green '68. Who paints the dash green with a black interior!!!?  :slap:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

1974dodgecharger

their vision their money, but don't tell people what their vision is when its your owns.

I saw that black one for sale and YES its a nice setup, but damn he wont get his money back.

Unless your our TURBIN resident who got a STEAL on a ORIGINAL HEMI CAR WITH ENGINE ETC....AND JUST PUT IT TOGETHER that's a different story.

bigdsul

I'm going out on a limb and see if the 1970 charger 500 seller is a legitimate seller. Sounds like a scam.

70 sublime

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/ottawa/1968-dodge-charger/1031452402?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Selling 1968 Dodge Charger R/t 440 car . Have motor with car and tranny Car needs complete restoration but a rare option car ac cruise r/t vinal top car no back seat with car. and left rear inner window structure was cut out for a donar car before I bought it. Price is firm no tire kickers or trades. have lots of extra parts. All front aprons and frame are in great shape.

I think at $5000 it is a little more than double over a real price  :hah:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

GordonGriggs

About 2 years ago I saw a 1967 Dodge Charger for sale in a yard. I stopped and the home owner told me it was $12000 and belonged to a friend of his. The car had ripped seats, ripped carpet, fresh paint, but the car was covered in dings, and they just painted over the area's where the former paint was peeling, and flaking. I asked if it was a HEMI car and the home owner did not know but told me I could look under the hood. It was a non power, non ac,318 car with auto trans. I asked to make sure he was telling me the correct price. Did you say $1200, he was like "Oh NO!" The price is $12000, not a penny less. I just laughed, thanked the nice man and drove away.

Kern Dog

Quote from: Dino on November 09, 2014, 03:33:30 PM
What always surprises me is these people who can sink over 100 grand into a toy yet still cannot use proper grammar and punctuation.  What kind of job are they doing that does not require these very basic skills yet they get paid this much?   :lol:

Holy shit... you just spoke the most truthful words I've read in a week.
Somehow these assclowns are able to spend an ungodly amount of money having someone else build their cars yet they have terrible language skills. It really does defy logic because I see it this way:
*The people MOST skilled at restorations are not office worker types. 
*The people with the most disposable income for these high dollar restorations are VPs, CEOs, Investors and white collar guys that went to college.

Kern Dog

Quote from: Patronus on November 09, 2014, 08:56:10 PM
Ha! Perfect idea for thread. Now I know where I can go for a laugh, like that green '68. Who paints the dash green with a black interior!!!?  :slap:

That Green 68 looks fantastic from the outside, but thats where it ends. The interior is hideous. The engine bay looks strange with the smoothed out firewall too.

myk

I like the 2+2 arrangement, the color of the interior along with the body color accents...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

tan top

think its the sign of the times now  , with internet &  free or almost free advertising & or only pay when sold ,  put up any price you like ! only takes one guy with more money than brains , then its Job done . if every one stopped buying / bidding on over priced junk ( well not junk but some  cars that should only be a few grand IMO ) prices should come down ( maybe ) :P
think this could be/ is going to be  a long thread ,  if all the over priced cars were posted  :lol:  then again we all try to make a bit of dough on cars etc  , but some of these prices are well ...... :faint: :o ::) :eek2: :lol:

no offence meant to anyone  , each to their own  :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

HPP

What always surprises me is these people who can sink over 100 grand into a toy yet still cannot use proper grammar and punctuation.  What kind of job are they doing that does not require these very basic skills yet they get paid this much?   :lol:

Good luck to both sellers getting rid of those cars at their asking prices.

Thats because their secretaries/assistants do all of this review and publishing at work. This is what happens when left to their own devices.

But then again, I've known some decidely blue collar business owners that pull down $100k yearly incomes.

Cooter

Imo, one can ask whatever they like....threads like dis one are only because people are just this side of afraid they might just sell....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

DixieRestoParts

Funny thread. I see this a lot myself. Seems everyone with a rusted out 318 hulk thinks it's a 10K car.  The restomod thing falls into the "hotrod" category in my opinion.  People spend big money on hotrods (typically, pre-WWII cars), where there might be a few basic principles they follow, but mostly it's the builders vision. Admittedly, cool cars. But, you really have to find someone with that same vision and deep pockets. Not always easy.

I don't follow the pre-war or hotrod market so I don't know if a ZZ Top replica hotrod has the same market value as a '34 Ford restored to stock specifications. With Mopars, when you get to 100k+ pricing you can usually buy the super rare stuff. The Hemi's and Six-packs. In my humble opinion there is a bigger market for restored or closely restored (think headers, aftermarket wheels) super rare muscle cars than there is for restomod cars that in a lot of cases you really can't drive much either. Yeah, they'll corner, have a/c, a billion horsepower, but if you drive it, you get it dirty, chip the paint, etc. So, how many 100k+ restomods get street driven on a regular basis? If I were a bettin' man, I'd say the same percentage, maybe a little higher, as restored Hemi cars. So, I think that creates an even smaller pool of potential buyers. I appreciate the vision of these cars and the builders, but wouldn't recommend anyone do it unless they plan to keep the car forever. And understand if you to sell, you'll likely take a bath.  Just my  :Twocents:
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

TUFCAT

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Kern Dog on November 10, 2014, 12:53:06 AM
What always surprises me is these people who can sink over 100 grand into a toy yet still cannot use proper grammar and punctuation.  What kind of job are they doing that does not require these very basic skills yet they get paid this much?   :lol:

Holy shit... you just spoke the most truthful words I've read in a week.
Somehow these assclowns are able to spend an ungodly amount of money having someone else build their cars yet they have terrible language skills. It really does defy logic because I see it this way:
*The people MOST skilled at restorations are not office worker types.  
*The people with the most disposable income for these high dollar restorations are VPs, CEOs, Investors and white collar guys that went to college.

You never can tell who's loaded with cash up in the great white north of ND these days...you definitely can't judge a book by it's cover.

With the oil boom going ape-sh*t up here, some of the most unlikely and/or undeserving types have money hanging out of their pockets  The dough could come from some parent/grandparent/long-lost uncle that left a loser a bunch of mineral rights.  

Or maybe you might bump into a goof that is filling one of the countless manual labor/CDL jobs who earns himself easily >$100K annually.  No education, IQ or morals required...just a monthly piss test and a willing attitude to put your back into it and deal with everything a ND winter can dish out.

You see it all the time up here.....dudes who look like they have a hard time counting their nuts tooling around in nice rides and acting like pricks.

We just had a local business open up that specializes in muscle cars and they claim to have the biggest indoor car showroom in ND.....and it's filled with muscle cars.......in ND.   There's disposable income galore up here.

:rotz:

6spd68

I know I've posted this multiple times...  But again:
http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Dodge/Charger/Georgetown/Ontario/5_11616762_ON20090605143000786/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=1_15_6

&

http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Dodge/Charger/Georgetown/Ontario/5_21005888_ON20090605143000786/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=2_15_6

No clue where they even see that value in the first vehicle...  Not to mention the interior is WORSE then the green 68 above.  Heck, I could replicate that dash with a couple board cutouts, and self tappers.

The 2nd, well...  Dunno who else here would pay that... 
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."