News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raminduction

Always have the courage to make use of your own intelligence

alfaitalia

....and it cant be great or it would have had age related 1970 number plates...which would be ending in H...rather than the 1979 import date plate it has ending in V. You only get that if you cant convince the inspector that enough of it is genuine and original. My 69...like most....ends in G.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Bronzedodge

Mopar forever!

Kern Dog

What a piece of shit. Was the car pulled from a swamp ?

VegasCharger

Mike DC

It amazes me more every year that we still don't have a whole reproduction 68-70 Charger unibody.

Kern Dog

I'll bet the smart executives at AMD are looking at it. The Dynacorn Challenger seems to have been a dud but the Charger seems to be gaining and gaining all the time.
How much would an enthusiast pay for a 68-70 Charger body with 0 miles, brand new metal, dang near ready for paint ???

alfaitalia

Me? Not a lot. That's a kit car....not a Charger....IMO. A lot of patching and repairs in mine (might need one rear fender depending how it goes....but trying to avoid). I know its been debated a lot on here...but a 1969 Charger (or whatever year) needs to have most of the body from 1969 to be a 1969 Charger. Anything else is a simile of one.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Kern Dog

Yeah, but how many would care?
The mega dollar shops that throw $200,000 to build one would start with a clean canvas.
The movie studios would have more to blow up.
The East Coast guys would not have to spend $10,000 just in parts, THEN have to either pay some shop to replace every rotten panel OR fumble his own way through.
It may never happen but it is an interesting thought.

Mike DC

The debate about whether repro bodies are 'right' or 'wrong' . . . meh.  That ship has sailed.  The industry is cranking out multiple different old cars & trucks now.  It's not even a big story anymore when they announce another new one.  

I fail to understand why the hobby always rates E-bodies as more desirable than the 68-70 Charger.  IMO that has never been the public's feeling.

Lennard

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 17, 2017, 07:53:15 AM
I fail to understand why the hobby always rates E-bodies as more desirable than the 68-70 Charger.  IMO that has never been the public's feeling.
:iagree:

comet_666

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 17, 2017, 05:00:27 AM
Yeah, but how many would care?
The mega dollar shops that throw $200,000 to build one would start with a clean canvas.
The movie studios would have more to blow up.
The East Coast guys would not have to spend $10,000 just in parts, THEN have to either pay some shop to replace every rotten panel OR fumble his own way through.
It may never happen but it is an interesting thought.
:iagree:

darbgnik

I agree. Especially since the new retro Challengers came out. They aped most of the good style points of the original, and skipped a few of the bad. Strange to say, but ever since the new ones came out, the older ones haven't looked as good to me. At least to my eye......
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

HANDM

Quote from: darbgnik on March 17, 2017, 04:35:18 PM

I agree. Especially since the new retro Challengers came out. They aped most of the good style points of the original, and skipped a few of the bad. Strange to say, but ever since the new ones came out, the older ones haven't looked as good to me. At least to my eye......

I would venture to say that the new Challengers have given the 70-74's a new lease on life and desirability. If FCA would completely redesign the charger to look more like the 68-70's then that would raise the desireability and demand for the dynacorn "kit" cars, in my opinion accourse.

DeltaV

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

68X426

Quote from: DeltaV on March 18, 2017, 08:14:27 PM
No comment.
https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/6045713128.html

Oh how that one screams out for comments!

He'll trade for guns. $6k worth of guns for that? :shruggy: :rofl: :rofl:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Kern Dog

Will trade for land? Even at $6000, how much land can you get for that money??

cbrestorations

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 19, 2017, 12:21:57 AM
Will trade for land? Even at $6000, how much land can you get for that money??

you could buy a whole city block with houses for 6k in Detroit lol

Wingwalker

I'm so glad I was able to buy some 68/69 Chargers back in the late 80's.
They weren't cheap, but hey, at least you could drive them...

A 68 383 auto for £3500, a 68 R/T for £4500 and a 69 R/T for £5500 from a UK dealer

Those were the GOOD OLD days indeed! :2thumbs:

The 69 R/T was in fact, shipped back to the USA back in the late 90's, by Sunshine Classics UK.
A fine car indeed and very famous in the UK, reg no. LFN 7.
Fastest street car I ever drove, she would go 'OFF the CLOCK', yep a 150mph CLOCK!!!

WW.

Just remembered, I sold the 68 R/T to a friend in 1990 and he still has her.
A totally RUSTFREE non-vinyl, num-match Vegas car,,,lucky lad, now he's a slightly older lad... :scratchchin: 27 years and counting (cars)... :smilielol:
Fixed headlights 500's are the FIRST Aero's, and the rarest!

Arbitrage123

Charger with a Durango frame....really

https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/6051271144.html

68 Charger General Lee restomod - $44000

"This thing is a few steps away from being a show stopper. Titled as a 68 charger F yeah. Truley a one of a kind, but you know that already. Shes sitting on a durango frame and it retains all the newer amenities and 4x4 wtf yes its a 4x4. She has the small block V8 and is waiting for a big power swap. Deck lid signed by the original cast and the horn even plays the iconic tune. Im looking for cash or maybe one badass elenor clone. If you had some cash and a nice cobra or saleen fox body lets talk."

Mike DC

That Durango/GL has been around a while.  It shows up on Ebay again every few years.  Always an unrealistic number.  I dunno if it has ever actually changed hands. 

Kern Dog

Those make me cringe. I loved the Dukes of Hazzard but the 4wd General Lee abominations are terrible.

RCCDrew

There actually was a Dukes episode where they put big tires on the General to take it off road. Doesn't make this right though.

Mike DC

4x4 muscle cars are their own topic.  Lots of older ones are left around.  

I think it's like one of Finnegan & Frieburger's Roadkill ideas.  Fun to build, fun to goof around with at first . . . but the end result never justifies the parts & resources used on it.