News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Quote from: 70 sublime on November 09, 2014, 10:20:29 PM
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/ottawa/1968-dodge-charger/1031452402?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Selling 1968 Dodge Charger R/t 440 car . Have motor with car and tranny Car needs complete restoration but a rare option car ac cruise r/t vinal top car no back seat with car. and left rear inner window structure was cut out for a donar car before I bought it. Price is firm no tire kickers or trades. have lots of extra parts. All front aprons and frame are in great shape.

I think at $5000 it is a little more than double over a real price  :hah:
Apparently it's sold. No matter, I don't think that price was "delusional" at all.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

70 sublime

Quote from: Troy on November 10, 2014, 05:45:42 PM
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/ottawa/1968-dodge-charger/1031452402?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Selling 1968 Dodge Charger R/t 440 car . Have motor with car and tranny Car needs complete restoration but a rare option car ac cruise r/t vinal top car no back seat with car. and left rear inner window structure was cut out for a donar car before I bought it. Price is firm no tire kickers or trades. have lots of extra parts. All front aprons and frame are in great shape.

Apparently it's sold. No matter, I don't think that price was "delusional" at all.

Troy

Did you see the car from the otherside ?

Lots of parts cut out to fix another car with looks like it was a parts car (cut out to get the rear 1/4 window out)
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

chargerperson

Quote from: Homerr on November 10, 2014, 04:24:22 PM
$69,999 marked down to $47,777

XP29H8B258407

http://www.carsforsale.com/used-cars-for-sale/1968-dodge-charger-farmersville-ca-197023145

==============

$299,000

http://www.autabuy.com/Vehicles/Details.cfm?VID=778455

==============

Homerr

You may have found the most delusional with the $299K listing.  Agree all very nice cars, priced pretty high.  The dusty one marked down to $47K was strange - why not clean it?  Didn't seem to be attempting to be a "barn find" listing.

bigdsul

Quote from: chargerperson on November 10, 2014, 09:28:40 PM
Quote from: Homerr on November 10, 2014, 04:24:22 PM
$69,999 marked down to $47,777

XP29H8B258407

http://www.carsforsale.com/used-cars-for-sale/1968-dodge-charger-farmersville-ca-197023145

==============

$299,000

http://www.autabuy.com/Vehicles/Details.cfm?VID=778455

==============

Homerr

You may have found the most delusional with the $299K listing.  Agree all very nice cars, priced pretty high.  The dusty one marked down to $47K was strange - why not clean it?  Didn't seem to be attempting to be a "barn find" listing.

That 68 is bogus. It's been posted a couple dozen times on Craigslist from 20k up around 60k in price. Same passenger side dusty pic in all the listings

Mytur Binsdirti

myk

I think we're all missing the point here.  These sellers and their sky high prices have no intention of selling their cars.  I think it's just a ploy to either appease their pissed off wives (for having spent so much money), or for some other reason that will allow them to sleep at night.  Maybe it's also for the sake of their egos; bragging to others about your car that's for sale at an astronomical price probably gets these people off... :shruggy:
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Troy

Quote from: 70 sublime on November 10, 2014, 06:36:19 PM
Quote from: Troy on November 10, 2014, 05:45:42 PM

Troy

Did you see the car from the otherside ?

Lots of parts cut out to fix another car with looks like it was a parts car (cut out to get the rear 1/4 window out)
The ad was gone so, no. However, it the engine and trans match and there's a fender tag anywhere near that car it's going to sell for a decent amount because it's an R/T with A/C and cruise. If nothing matches and there's no other documentation then, yeah, it's basically parts. Still, asking $5k to get $3k isn't bad. Every time I try to sell anything it seems that the "start" of negotiations is half my asking price so I'm just going to start doubling my price to speed up the process.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hollywood1336

I think the problem is, as Charger owners and restorers we know what it would take us to build these astronomically priced cars. My car is documented in the "Almost There" thread. Believe it or not I have been offered 75k hard cash for it, as is, not completed. The guy showed up at my house with 40k cash as a deposit. I told him about my build at a car show and he wanted to see it in person and made an offer. I'll have 52k in it when completed, 2k of which is screw up learning money and 4k I overpaid for the car. I have way more in labor invested but I've been told that it's a lobor of love. These high priced cars have been put together by the so called professionals charging $120 to $200 an hour. Mine isn't for sale, or the price I want for it just hasn't been met. I wont mention my sell price because it's astronomical and as a result will remain in my garage.

Homerr

Well said myk and hollywood.  In many cases here is seems like the owner just kept adding and ended up overbuilding.  It's easy to want "the best" of everything. 

The Charger I did 20 years ago ended up with a show quality paint job out of the booth.  No orange peel at all, the painter was really talented and all the variables of painting just worked out great on the car.  I overbuilt a few things since the car was turning out so nice.  It was actually a pain in the ass to take care of and not what I really wanted.  The burden of it all was one of the reasons I sold it.  But now, 20 years later, the paint probably has a few chips and scratches and would make a great driver!   :rofl:

I learned it's important to have an end goal vision for the car and to not let 'project-creep' set in.  I've got that now and just want a car that is driver quality all around.  I don't want to stress about the first paint chip, ding, shopping carts, kids, people leaning on it, resting a hand on it, etc.

bigdsul

Quote from: Homerr on November 11, 2014, 10:41:52 AM
How could these not be included...

$690,000

http://carsonline-ads.com/colsite/col?use=UC3_ViewPosting&cmd=showPosting&postingID=75134

================

$300,000  (discounted from $1,000,000)

http://www.cars-on-line.com/64517.html

:smilielol: :smilielol: some people lol.

690k for the F&F stunt scene wreck it car is just bonkers.

1M down to 300k for a bullitt clone is down right comical.

My question is this. If a buyer has that sort of cash laying around they sure in the heck would at least have someone doing research on the authenticity of the claims of the seller. So then why is it that sellers are still holding out for that unicorn buyer? Are they hoping for that person that has more money then they know what to do with?

charge69

Maybe they're looking for a drug dealer trying to launder some cash!  These prices are comical, at best !

Kern Dog

Quote from: myk on November 11, 2014, 10:54:44 AM
I think we're all missing the point here.  These sellers and their sky high prices have no intention of selling their cars.  I think it's just a ploy to either appease their pissed off wives (for having spent so much money), or for some other reason that will allow them to sleep at night.  Maybe it's also for the sake of their egos; bragging to others about your car that's for sale at an astronomical price probably gets these people off... :shruggy:

As usual, MYK speaks with reason and good sense.  :2thumbs:

6spd68

Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

bigdsul

Quote from: Homerr on November 12, 2014, 11:03:42 AM
$21,250

I think this car has been for sale for over 2 years.

http://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/4756053503.html

And the price is going up every few months it seems. When I ran across the add the car was 18k sometime around a year ago. The car is truly beat to piss as well or at least what's left of it.

RallyeMike

With Craigslist and other free sites, delusional sellers are no longer inhibited in advertising their car by the cost of advertisement. I use the same search words and have seen some of the same cars listed locally at ridiculous prices for years. You just chuckle and move on.....

Who's going to start the other end of the spectrum...... Delusional Buyers?
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Ghoste

6spd68

Quote from: RallyeMike on November 13, 2014, 06:47:31 AM
Delusional Buyers?

You mean the type that will offer you 350$ for a car you have advertised for 1200$?
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Ghoste

Or 10k on a car thats up for 35 or can they make payments or...

Mike DC

It's too bad that F&F wreck is so overpriced.  It would be cool to scoop that thing up for a few grand, get it tolerably running, and take it to some shows as-is.  It's certainly more interesting and a better use of the money just left like that as opposed to restoring it.  And I'm sure sooner or later it will get restored, with the car's descendants making it more famous every other year lately at the movies. 

Ghoste

I wonder though now that its morphed into some kind of 4X4 part Charger, part Hummer, part Transformer if it will continue further down that road until its not even recognizable?
I bet by F&F 10 its a spaceship with door scallops.