News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homerr

$9,000

QuoteFor sale 68 Charger some of the pic's are from when I got it in 08 , still missing front seats, shock cross member [was going custom],no motor .
New parts for the brakes ,lines ,front floors, trunk, gas tank, sending unit .
Extra blue interior fair.
http://s1213.photobucket.com/
and parts that I have accumulated over time.
The car is all apart and ready for the blaster ,its not rust free but all the frame is good that's why I got it but my money is no longer there {lost job}so its got to go !!!
and NO I will not part it out.
As is ! car don't leave until I have the money ! obo, I have seen rusted out cars go for 10,000.so !!
and just needs quarter skins !

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/4759007067.html

6spd68

Quote from: Homerr on November 13, 2014, 03:26:48 PM
$9,000

QuoteFor sale 68 Charger some of the pic's are from when I got it in 08 , still missing front seats, shock cross member [was going custom],no motor .
New parts for the brakes ,lines ,front floors, trunk, gas tank, sending unit .
Extra blue interior fair.
http://s1213.photobucket.com/
and parts that I have accumulated over time.
The car is all apart and ready for the blaster ,its not rust free but all the frame is good that's why I got it but my money is no longer there {lost job}so its got to go !!!
and NO I will not part it out.
As is ! car don't leave until I have the money ! obo, I have seen rusted out cars go for 10,000.so !!
and just needs quarter skins !

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/4759007067.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,113781.0.html   :popcrn:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Drache

$129,900

QuoteComplete Resto-Mod built by LMC The recent "resto-mod" trend has quickly become the hot rod of the 21st century. Enthusiasts have come to enjoy the driveability and handling characteristics of modern cars, but long for the style and soul of the classics. The 'resto-mod' muscle car combines the best of both worlds. Known for our award winning concourse style restorations........ Legendary Motorcar has applied that same level of quality, craftsmanship and attention to detail to the fabrication and development of many cars. This eye catching, fully customized 1968 Charger R/T is an excellent example of one of such cars . A customer approached us with an idea for a modified Charger, upgraded suspension, interior and drivetrain, what came out the other end was nothing short of spectacular. Starting with a 1968 Charger R/T, a rack and pinion front end was installed with a Dodge Super Stock rear suspension setup with Budnik 18" front and 19" rear wheels over Baer sloted and cross-drilled brakes, a stroked version of the legendary 440 MOPAR engine was used with 501 cu in., making approx. 550hp and sounding even better with full Magnaflow exhaust. An automatic transmission with overdrive was installed with a bulletproof rear end and 4.10 gears. Many other custom pieces were integrated into the interior including custom dash panel/gauge cluster, push button starter, concealed accessory switches, shaved door handles with electronic release, power windows, full custom sound system and the required Vintage Air A/C system. With only a few miles on this beautiful car hand crafted here at LMC, it is fully sorted and not just another show car, but something that actually works too. All the modern amenities and built with today's technology, coupled with the timeless design and style of the 1968 Charger R/T mark a very unique opportunity to own the best of both worlds. For Canadian Residents, Price + Applicable Taxes + Applicable Licensing Fees.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

wingcar

Interesting front grille treatment.........
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

bigdsul

Tan top 1969 R/T just went up on eBay for a pretty penny above what it was just sold for here on the for sale forum.

Homerr

I don't really think this is delusional...my opening definition was 'post cars that are priced at least twice their value to a buyer'. 

This was advertised at $30k, probably dickered down a bit, and now Muscle Mopars/now-cars is flipping it for probably $10k over what he bought it for.  And thus the cost of the hobby rises...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger-R-T-1969-dodge-charger-rt-orig-matching-440-clean-original-calif-car-full-docs-/111528406701?forcerrptr=true&hash=item19f79c6ead&item=111528406701&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

It's on moparts too.

1974dodgecharger

THATS QUICK!!!!!  he bought it and now got it then has it on ebay all within a week.  :icon_smile_big:
Quote from: Homerr on November 25, 2014, 02:08:31 PM
I don't really think this is delusional...my opening definition was 'post cars that are priced at least twice their value to a buyer'. 

This was advertised at $30k, probably dickered down a bit, and now Muscle Mopars/now-cars is flipping it for probably $10k over what he bought it for.  And thus the cost of the hobby rises...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger-R-T-1969-dodge-charger-rt-orig-matching-440-clean-original-calif-car-full-docs-/111528406701?forcerrptr=true&hash=item19f79c6ead&item=111528406701&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

It's on moparts too.

Ghoste

That's smart business, he doesn't seem to have an excessive price on it.  :shruggy:

Homerr

$15,000

QuoteOriginal 21,118 miles. One title owner. Asking $15,000. Serious Inquiries Only Please.

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/4799887938.html

Homerr

$22,500

Quote440" with a 727 Auto Trans. Custom Chop Roof. Photo says the rest.
Only one of its kind.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/4811027438.html

myk

Way to ruin a perfectly good car...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

chargerperson

Taking a liberty here, but probably not far off.  The buy it now price of $8,900 would seem to meet the criteria of the OP (2x or more than the value).  In theory, the selling price could be below the buy it now.  Listing indicates the car needs full restoration in case that is not evident from the pictures

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger-CHARGER-1969-dodge-charger-hardtop-383-engine-4-speed-manual-project-/291365705852?forcerrptr=true&hash=item43d6bfd87c&item=291365705852&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

VegasCharger

Quote from: chargerperson on January 26, 2015, 06:59:24 PM
Taking a liberty here, but probably not far off.  The buy it now price of $8,900 would seem to meet the criteria of the OP (2x or more than the value).  In theory, the selling price could be below the buy it now.  Listing indicates the car needs full restoration in case that is not evident from the pictures

Now that's funny :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

eBay seller would've been better off listing it as an auction. And to start the bidding at $100.00 with no reserve to draw a ton more buyers. Probably would've capped out around $7500.00. But honestly I don't think he'll bring in the $8900.00 asking price. But who knows, sometimes it's all about the timing.

The only thing this Charger has going for it is it's a 4 speed. But there's not much to the car and parts combined.

Thanks for sharing......... :cheers:

1974dodgecharger

sometimes I just want to email these sellers and tell them and show em my charger and say, 'If I cant sell my 68 for 10k what makes you think you can sell yours for 10k?

JR

Judging from the amount of posters that pop in here and ask "Hey guys, how come I can't find a rust free 69 body for 2500$ bucks anywhere?", I think delusional buyers deserve an honorable mention in this thread too.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: JR on January 27, 2015, 05:25:03 AM
Judging from the amount of posters that pop in here and ask "Hey guys, how come I can't find a rust free 69 body for 2500$ bucks anywhere?", I think delisounal buyers deserve an honorable mention in this thread too.

that would be boring though......think about that for a second.  ;D

Cooter

Funny, every time something's 'over priced', it's usually not owned by the one's who claim so.
for I've seen time and time again, "you won't get into a Charger for under $15k in driver condition."
yet, when one's posted within those guidelines, unanimously it's voted as over priced.
just because one can't buy said car and get into driver condition(paying somebody to do all work) doesn't mean that rough, but there 68/69/70 isn't worth the $8900.00......Contrary to popular belief, there are those out there that can take a ROUGH 68-70 and buy it at these prices, restore it to driver condition far cheaper than most overly done cars today at resto shops. Isn't "Ratty muscle" where it's at now anyway??
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

Scrap metal patches and bondo aren't exactly the same sort of work the overly done cars from resto shops have though.  Not disagreeing completely with you Cooter but I don't really see it as a fair comparison.  I get what you are saying, but...

Cooter

This true Ghoste, but you gotta ask yourself after all that money spent, can't get half of what's invested out come sell time(plain Jane Chargers), who's the dumbass?

I know one guy that did his own patches.car came out no worse than a resto shop. After all, full quarters,  doors, fenders, etc. I see right on here have. Mud over em. Metal is metal. As long as it's not bondo over rust, they are ALL patches and bondo. One's just out having fun while the other is 'investing' massive amounts of cash AND time.

This why many of the pics and responses in the "hack job" thread tend to run some the wrong way.
is it really so bad to see three patches in a quarter panel that's not rusted, rather than a full quarter that's got just as much filler/time spent on it?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

JB400

I think it is more appealing to the eye to see a panel made out of one piece.  But, to back up your comment, most of those award winners at the Roadster show are  pieced together from small patch panels.  I guess Foose and Trepanier creations are hacked together.

Cooter

I remember one episode where Foose covered the entire body with filler. People round here thst have that dumbass "I don't want no filler in my car!!!" Where raising hell.

HANDM

Quote from: Cooter on January 27, 2015, 12:42:05 PM
This true Ghoste, but you gotta ask yourself after all that money spent, can't get half of what's invested out come sell time(plain Jane Chargers), who's the dumbass?

I know one guy that did his own patches.car came out no worse than a resto shop. After all, full quarters,  doors, fenders, etc. I see right on here have. Mud over em. Metal is metal. As long as it's not bondo over rust, they are ALL patches and bondo. One's just out having fun while the other is 'investing' massive amounts of cash AND time.

This why many of the pics and responses in the "hack job" thread tend to run some the wrong way.
is it really so bad to see three patches in a quarter panel that's not rusted, rather than a full quarter that's got just as much filler/time spent on it?

My car falls into this category, I have small patches on the rear roof pillars, the rockers, full lower rear quarter patch on the driver side, rear valence, two piece trunk and one end cap. Did every one of them myself with no prior metalwork experience. They are "wrong" I'm sure by a few members standards but after 3 years in a not so weathertight enclosure, there is no evidence of anything going on under the paint, which my good buddy did for free in a single stage metallic applied over the original paint sealed with epoxy.

All done in my carport over the course of a single year for under what most folks have spent on getting their cars stipped to bare metal...

Ghoste

Yeah and I should be clear I'm by no means badmouthing patches, I was just comparing it to a full resto. 

G-man

I think Mopar people in general are delusional, not just Chargers.

My own experience... looking to buy a Charger "Yeah man, by the time you spend 10-15,000 on shipping, sort out few little bits and pieces etc etc" you need to budget $50,000 for a 'decent' condition Charger. Matching Number stuff, a lot more.

So, you spend your 45-50 to get a 'decent' charger since they are "soooooooo valuable" - even non R/T cars.

When you go to sell it "I'll offer you 25,000, il offer you 30,000"

I spent 50 on this? THat is what they are worth? "Nah man, I can get one myself for 33,000".

So when you are buying there worth gold, when you go to sell, there not worth a bag of you know what.

N im talking about Mopar people telling me to budget 50k and then Mopar people saying it aint worth more than 30 when they are buying. That makes me  :RantExplode:

If it aint worth more than 30k to sell, then it sure hell aint worth more than that to buy.

I have never experienced this kind of DELUSIONS with anything else except mopar people. Literally as retarded as it can get.