News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

It's free and it's easy to learn.  It doesn't take much effort at all.  Hell this is my adopted language, I grew up speaking Dutch, but at least I put in the effort to do it right.

I gave up on correcting people.  I didn't need the flack, especially when it's full of grammatical errors.   :lol:  Besides, it would be a full time job on this site.

Oh and it's repro, not repo.    :slap:   :nana: 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Kern Dog

Quote from: Dino on November 11, 2015, 03:28:09 PM.

Oh and it's repro, not repo.    :slap:   :nana: 

I am aware of that...I was lumping it in with needs restored and the others.
When someone writes that their car is full of repo parts, I cringe....as if the parts were taken back because the buyer never paid for them in full.

Dino

When I saw the repo remark the first time I thought it was a typo, but then I saw it time and time again.  Crazy

You know what gets me?  And we see this one all the time.  "I would of" instead of "I would have/I would've".  Drives me nuts!

Well, back to regular programming I suppose.  As with grammatical errors there are tons of delusional sellers as well so bring 'em on!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

HANDM

Quote from: Dino on November 11, 2015, 08:52:33 PM
When I saw the repo remark the first time I thought it was a typo, but then I saw it time and time again.  Crazy

You know what gets me?  And we see this one all the time.  "I would of" instead of "I would have/I would've".  Drives me nuts!

Right! How about "they're, there and their" another set of the often abused.....

VegasCharger

Quote from: HANDM on November 11, 2015, 10:16:40 PM
Quote from: Dino on November 11, 2015, 08:52:33 PM
When I saw the repo remark the first time I thought it was a typo, but then I saw it time and time again.  Crazy

You know what gets me?  And we see this one all the time.  "I would of" instead of "I would have/I would've".  Drives me nuts!

Right! How about "they're, there and their" another set of the often abused.....

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Then there's two, to, too and 2.

Kern Dog

Quote from: cdr on November 11, 2015, 09:18:03 PM
keep at it  :slap:

See??? I'm not alone in the quest for reasonably decent grammar!

Stevearino

Is it possible people are using "repo" as shorter version of re popped parts? :shruggy: :brickwall:

stripedelete

Grammar?   How about the punctuation?   Who's not going to throw that job application away.

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Stevearino on November 12, 2015, 07:09:12 AM
Is it possible people are using "repo" as shorter version of re popped parts? :shruggy: :brickwall:

why can't they just say "new"? :lol:

HANDM

Grammar, the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit....

Kern Dog

Lord Warlock

I think the more you frequent a forum, the more the grammatical stuff bothers you, usually takes a few years before you say anything, but you eventually will.  The older you get, the more use of correct English concerns you, mainly because you see how the younger generations change meanings, redefine words, then start making things shorter because that's all that fits in twitter. 

For some reason, most posters on threads on car forums feel guilty if their post is longer than 3 lines long, to effectively get a point across for me at least, takes a paragraph for each idea or point.  Part of my background was in proofreading, editing, and writing effectively, early in career was doing performance appraisals, later was procedural manuals. So, for future use, excuse my posts that get too long, the scroll wheel can expedite reading speeds. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

skip68

I'm still not sure I'm pronouncing my words right.  Is it potato or potato.   :shruggy:    :nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Lord Warlock

what would not be delusional for a 40k to 50k car? Not currently selling, just trying to figure out why some go easily for 40k and others are 80k or higher. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: skip68 on November 13, 2015, 01:39:16 AM
I'm still not sure I'm pronouncing my words right.  Is it potato or potato.   :shruggy:    :nana:

Spud.

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Mytur Binsdirti

"$20,000 invested in the engine rebuild."

Either he's a liar or a chump.  ::)

cbrestorations

some people just need some sense slapped into them  :slap:

Kern Dog

That 67 clearly appears like a guy that has no expectations of anyone actually willing to buy it. These assclowns place a sky high price on the car to purposely avoid selling so they have justification in keeping it.

cbrestorations

well, its probly one of those...i dont wanna sell but if i get 40k its gone type deal

skip68

How's about a 1968 Charger 500 R/T 383 ?   :rofl:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE