News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger340

Quote from: Ghoste on December 17, 2015, 10:44:32 AM
I don't know?  Maybe the asking prices but I wouldn't be surprised if actual selling prices still show a premium for XS Chargers.

I think that the XS Cars are still commanding a price premium over XP Cars ? at least by those who do supposedly track selling/reported prices like Hagerty, NADA guides,  etc.?
That is what their valuation tools show anyways ? XS are always higher than XP Cars.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

ht4spd307

here's another gem all interior in the car (in a pile) usable body (if you can find any steel) should be a valuable car when done                                           (if you spend 100k worth 25k finished =-75k) wow a real money spinner     http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger-/172038970786?forcerrptr=true&hash=item280e525da2:g:h9cAAOSwCQNWew2L&item=172038970786

timmycharger

Quote from: ht4spd307 on December 23, 2015, 05:02:20 PM
here's another gem all interior in the car (in a pile) usable body (if you can find any steel) should be a valuable car when done                                           (if you spend 100k worth 25k finished =-75k) wow a real money spinner     http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger-/172038970786?forcerrptr=true&hash=item280e525da2:g:h9cAAOSwCQNWew2L&item=172038970786

Yes, that car is certainly a roach, but I'm not sure if the seller is delusional, I didn't see a crazy buy it now price, the current bidder at 1K? unless he is friends with a rep from AMD, he is the delusional one.  :Twocents:

cbrestorations

if i was in florida ide give 1k for it. it has all front suspension, axle, bumpers, dash, seat frames, column exc...its worth it

ht4spd307

VegasCharger

Quote from: timmycharger on December 23, 2015, 06:22:23 PM
Yes, that car is certainly a roach, but I'm not sure if the seller is delusional, I didn't see a crazy buy it now price, the current bidder at 1K? unless he is friends with a rep from AMD, he is the delusional one.  :Twocents:

:iagree: :iagree: This will end up being a delusional BUYER. Ebay seller does not have a reserve or a "buy it now" in his/her listing.

DeltaV

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

70 sublime

Quote from: DeltaV on January 24, 2016, 07:26:56 PM
This one appeared yesterday:

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5416651893.html

If that car was up here in Ontario it would have been sold the first day it was listed for that price
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Lord Warlock

A lot of metal missing but don't think he's delusional, 6k is cheap for a shell, think he tried to put a realistic price on it. Will probably sell for less as people in florida tend to spend less than up north. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

charger chris

Hmmm I must have got really good deal on mine. I paid 800.00 for mine. About 4 1/2 yrs ago. :popcrn: :scratchchin:
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

charger chris

I guess the 68 charger I am getting I can sell for 7000.00 with no problem being it all most all there. :scratchchin:
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

lukedukem

Quote from: Lord Warlock on January 25, 2016, 01:30:58 AM
A lot of metal missing but don't think he's delusional, 6k is cheap for a shell, think he tried to put a realistic price on it. Will probably sell for less as people in florida tend to spend less than up north. 

Agree. Plus for 500 bucks you get a 440 and 727. They probably will need a rebuild but still

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

cbrestorations

Quote from: DeltaV on January 24, 2016, 07:26:56 PM
This one appeared yesterday:

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5416651893.html

the car has some other truck chassis welded to the bottom of it, the skins of the body appear to be rotted from the inside out which is typical for a florida car.

Kern Dog

I thought the underside looks strange!

hawkeye

It looks like it has been through a fire.   :eek2:

Lord Warlock

LOL, maybe it is a little overpriced.   At one time or another it was popular to put charger's on 4x4 frames, although it didn't look like they'd gone that way with this one.  Still, amazes me when I see basket cases sell for anything, much less 7000 or more.  If it were me, I would send it to the scrapper, but to someone else, I'm sure they can rebuild it to make their dream car. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Barfyspitz

I am starting to think that maybe we are the delusional ones because obviously these cars can sell for these outrages stupid amounts of money. we know what they're worth And how much it takes to restore one, but they control the market. If  someone is willing to pay $15,000 for a Vin number, then it's
is worth$15000.  We live in the age of Barrett Jackson, gas monkey garage and all these car build shows where they throw insane amounts of money at car parts like it's not nothing. At the end of the line there's some guy that's got more money then sense and can pay whatever it takes to get it done.   I should've never sold that second charger of mine. hundred percent complete except for the carburetor 383 68 charger. Probably is worth 20,000 now

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Barfyspitz on January 25, 2016, 11:44:30 PM
I am starting to think that maybe we are the delusional ones because obviously these cars can sell for these outrages stupid amounts of money. we know what they're worth And how much it takes to restore one, but they control the market. If  someone is willing to pay $15,000 for a Vin number, then it's
is worth$15000.  We live in the age of Barrett Jackson, gas monkey garage and all these car build shows where they throw insane amounts of money at car parts like it's not nothing. At the end of the line there's some guy that's got more money then sense and can pay whatever it takes to get it done.   I should've never sold that second charger of mine. hundred percent complete except for the carburetor 383 68 charger. Probably is worth 20,000 now
Well that's a perspective we all never thought of we are the delusional ones, lmao....not accepting the fact these cars sell for more than we expect them too.

stripedelete

You have a point worth considering.

I've always wondered how many of the overpriced/overpaid basket cases just move from one property to another.
Once it's satisfied someone's dream of owning a Charger, albeit nearly scrap, it moves to the next guys garage/yard/field until that owner figures out what they are up against.

tan top

that's a good point , think you could be right , we are the delusional ones  !!   :yesnod: for me I just can't believe whats being asked for rotted out shrapnel , that once was a second generation charger ,  anyone who  bought their charger  over 15 years ago plus ... ,  or like me 27 years ago  , prices are insane , :Twocents:

Quote from: stripedelete on January 26, 2016, 10:41:47 AM
I am starting to think that maybe we are the delusional ones because obviously these cars can sell for these outrages stupid amounts of money. we know what they're worth And how much it takes to restore one, but they control the market. If  someone is willing to pay $15,000 for a Vin number, then it's
is worth$15000.  We live in the age of Barrett Jackson, gas monkey garage and all these car build shows where they throw insane amounts of money at car parts like it's not nothing. At the end of the line there's some guy that's got more money then sense and can pay whatever it takes to get it done.   I should've never sold that second charger of mine. hundred percent complete except for the carburetor 383 68 charger. Probably is worth 20,000 now

You have a point worth considering.

I've always wondered how many of the overpriced/overpaid basket cases just move from one property to another.
Once it's satisfied someone's dream of owning a Charger, albeit nearly scrap, it moves to the next guys garage/yard/field until that owner figures out what they are up against.

funny you say that  , I  doubt  many even sale   , I see  lots of rotted out chargers that were up or bid to silly amounts on ebay   , forsale  on some obscure selling site , well not ones I normaly search , weeks after , the car comes off ebay .  being sold by the same ebay seller  :scratchchin: .
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

HPP

I am starting to think that maybe we are the delusional ones because obviously these cars can sell for these outrages stupid amounts of money.

Certainly possible. After all, we have a bunch of completely empty, date code 440 blocks in the for sale section for $1500 each.

lloyd3

Quote from: stripedelete on January 26, 2016, 10:41:47 AM

I'm with Strip Delete here.  Lots of these cars just change hands and then continue to circle the drain.

6spd68

Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

VegasCharger

Quote from: 6spd68 on January 26, 2016, 04:55:00 PM
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/calgary/1970-dodge-charger-650-hp-full-restore/1124740076?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true :shruggy:

Nice car but for that kind of money at least have the correct front end of a 1970 Charger instead of a 68 Charger. You're buying crowd is reduced when you customize to your liking.

Seats 6??? I only see 5 :shruggy:

charger chris

I think in a lot of case poeple really dont realize how much parts are and that they have to find and look for them. So in a lot of cases they have the car they just payed all this money for. And it just sits because they are so  overwhelm and don't know where to start. So they end reselling the car to try to get there money back out of it or try to make a buck on it.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone