News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ht4spd307

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

cbrestorations

ok im sure this car has been post on here already, but i sent him a message and asked what the reserve is on this rotted jewel. he said $8500...i really wanted to write back telling him how much of a dumbass he is but then i remembered you just cant fix stupid... :pity:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger-FREE-SHIPPING-/272121172568?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3f5baf9258:g:eqEAAOSwGotWrtAy&item=272121172568

VegasCharger

Quote from: cbrestorations on February 06, 2016, 08:19:51 PM
ok im sure this car has been post on here already, but i sent him a message and asked what the reserve is on this rotted jewel. he said $8500...i really wanted to write back telling him how much of a dumbass he is but then i remembered you just cant fix stupid... :pity:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger-FREE-SHIPPING-/272121172568?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3f5baf9258:g:eqEAAOSwGotWrtAy&item=272121172568

Yep I was on it a couple of days ago. $8500.00 that's insane :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Quote from: VegasCharger on February 04, 2016, 04:03:31 PM
Quote from: marshallfry01 on February 01, 2016, 06:32:37 PM
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/5428041985.html

If this car sells for $6,500 then both of my chargers are for sale.  :eek2:  :lol:

I wonder if this 68 is from the same seller. Same city, similar open field photos............

verdelaw

Got another one for ya!  $22k

http://monterey.craigslist.org/cto/5436772242.html

What price should this car be?...  :scratchchin:

Kern Dog

To me, anything over $10,000 should run and drive. At least a 318 automatic car, right?
I could see a R/T car needing everything being priced in the $12,000 and up price but...
These assclowns will continue to ask these outrageous prices as long as another assclown pays them.

cbrestorations

I have a charger on ebay right now with no reserve, we will find out the value of a running driving 70 charger in 3 more days lol

ws23rt

I was just thinking :scratchchin: If a "delusional seller" makes a deal with an ass clown (one with more money then cents) does that transaction not cancel the delusions of the seller?
In any market a level is reached based on deals being made.  If buyers stopped buying all together then any seller at any price would become delusional regardless the asking price. :slap:
Another thought is maybe those that are constantly amazed at asking prices are delusional buyers? Sticker shock is a normal part of a market finding it's level.  It just so happens in this case their are many more buyers than their are cars.

When the hellcat came out the supply was small and the prices (generally) were high because of the demand. The production of hellcats continues and the markups are going away. The ass clowns with too much money were first to feed.  Those big meanies---what nerve they have to be part of the market.:D   :Twocents:

F8-4life

Quote from: ws23rt on February 07, 2016, 03:44:10 PM
I was just thinking :scratchchin: If a "delusional seller" makes a deal with an ass clown (one with more money then cents) does that transaction not cancel the delusions of the seller?
In any market a level is reached based on deals being made.  If buyers stopped buying all together then any seller at any price would become delusional regardless the asking price. :slap:
Another thought is maybe those that are constantly amazed at asking prices are delusional buyers? Sticker shock is a normal part of a market finding it's level.  It just so happens in this case their are many more buyers than their are cars.

When the hellcat came out the supply was small and the prices (generally) were high because of the demand. The production of hellcats continues and the markups are going away. The ass clowns with too much money were first to feed.  Those big meanies---what nerve they have to be part of the market.:D   :Twocents:

Interesting point, about the delusions canceling each other. I will not try to unload that subject. But one thing for certain is that the appeal and time tested beauty, along with the iconic status of the 68-70 charger is only feeding the delusional pricing. More so and at a faster rate then most other classics which in a sense proves the fact that these cars are something special in the world of classic cars and are very desirable.. but us charger people already knew that.
When people pay the delusional prices with free will then I suppose there is a strong argument to be made that no delusion exists.

lukedukem

Quote from: cbrestorations on February 07, 2016, 03:42:19 PM
I have a charger on ebay right now with no reserve, we will find out the value of a running driving 70 charger in 3 more days lol

I saw that, nice touch with the water hose to shine that chalky black paint up good for pics. 

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

ws23rt

Quote from: F8-4life on February 07, 2016, 04:25:06 PM
Quote from: ws23rt on February 07, 2016, 03:44:10 PM

When the hellcat came out the supply was small and the prices (generally) were high because of the demand. The production of hellcats continues and the markups are going away. The ass clowns with too much money were first to feed.  Those big meanies---what nerve they have to be part of the market.:D   :Twocents:

Interesting point, about the delusions canceling each other. I will not try to unload that subject. But one thing for certain is that the appeal and time tested beauty, along with the iconic status of the 68-70 charger is only feeding the delusional pricing. More so and at a faster rate then most other classics which in a sense proves the fact that these cars are something special in the world of classic cars and are very desirable.. but us charger people already knew that.
When people pay the delusional prices with free will then I suppose there is a strong argument to be made that no delusion exists.

I agree. ---Another point is I suspect that folks with more money than common sense are very rare and are not a significant part of this market. I think people with much money may in fact be more prone to buy wisely/frugally and be part of why they have much money.

Also the term "delusional" has a derogatory sound about it. It implies a handicap of sorts. :eek2:  Maybe someone can come up with a politically correct way to refer to this--condition?---  rationally impaired?---  They might be entitled to gov. assistance in their endeavor to own or sell a charger?  Let's make the 1% pay their fair share so we all can have a charger on a more even playing field.-----OOps  I digress :slap:

cbrestorations

Quote from: lukedukem on February 07, 2016, 04:39:33 PM

I saw that, nice touch with the water hose to shine that chalky black paint up good for pics. 

Luke

Lol wasn't for the looks, I had to pull the carpet and pressure wash interior and knock 5 years sitting filth off of it. It's special paint, changes colors in the rain lol

verdelaw

Quote from: ws23rt on February 07, 2016, 04:46:33 PM
Also the term "delusional" has a derogatory sound about it. It implies a handicap of sorts. :eek2:  Maybe someone can come up with a politically correct way to refer to this--condition?

Aaaaaaaaand ya lost me.  I feel revulsion whenever any sort of PC recommendation is made.  If you feel offended.. eff off lol, this is America.  :patriot:

Regarding the price that last one should be, I thiiiink that one is running/driving.  Though obviously not safely/legally.  Just from the pictures, if it is running and driving, I think that one should sell around $9k to $15k.  It's tough to tell

ws23rt

Quote from: verdelaw on February 07, 2016, 05:27:56 PM
Quote from: ws23rt on February 07, 2016, 04:46:33 PM
Also the term "delusional" has a derogatory sound about it. It implies a handicap of sorts. :eek2:  Maybe someone can come up with a politically correct way to refer to this--condition?

Aaaaaaaaand ya lost me.  I feel revulsion whenever any sort of PC recommendation is made.  If you feel offended.. eff off lol, this is America.  :patriot:

Regarding the price that last one should be, I thiiiink that one is running/driving.  Though obviously not safely/legally.  Just from the pictures, if it is running and driving, I think that one should sell around $9k to $15k.  It's tough to tell

I guess I did lose you. :shruggy:  As far as I am concerned any "PC" recommendation these days is automatically a joke.  Those that are PC generators are the ones that make made it a joke by persistent and irrational obsession with it.  I'm not offended by your opinion about the PC world. I am however left to wonder why you may feel revulsion instead of the silly humor of it all. :shruggy:  To me those that take this sort of stuff so seriously are a part of why it is so funny. :lol:
I hope you are not offended by my finding your revulsion humorous. :icon_smile_wink:

ACUDANUT

Any links. ?  Let us know, either way.  :scratchchin:

Lord Warlock

Just watching the Mecum auto auctions today, the prices appear to be reasonable this year, not as high as they've been in the past. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Lord Warlock on February 08, 2016, 02:48:09 PM
Just watching the Mecum auto auctions today, the prices appear to be reasonable this year, not as high as they've been in the past. 

Most of those cars there are rotisserie restore jobs aint' they

Lord Warlock

Yeah I would think so, and they are only pulling 55k to 58k for very nice restored condition,  just saw a 70 charger r/t se sell for 54k.  and a 70 GTO judge sell for 58k.  I would have thought the cars would pull closer to 70k but if prices are in the 50s that means prices are not at a high anymore.  May be the time to get one. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

6spd68

Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

cdr

Still bugs me that this guy does not have the windshield wipers on the car...
[/quote]

True, but finding wiper refills could be part of the problem.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

hemihead

Not to rock the boat but I think as to whether the Buyer or Seller is crazy is subjective to whether you are the buyer or seller .
I have met many guys that think what they have is Gold ( and they want about that for it ) but when they buy , what the other guy has is junk and not worth it . Buyers always want it for nothing .
So , delusional would be from what side of the fence you sit on . I myself would never pay the stupid prices people put on 318 cars that have transplanted RB's or BB's
stuffed in them . I wouldn't pay the stupid prices that some ask for cars that were modified to fit that owners dream because to undo someone else's
dream is a nightmare usually . And most of these restored cars are over restored or restored by some self proclaimed expert know it all that knows little .
  Sure some are crazy selling prices but you only think he's crazy if you are the buyer . I have seen plenty of cars , yes even on this site where the owner thinks his car is really special and is that big buck car . What it gets down to is crazy goes both ways .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Challenger340

Only wimps wear Bowties !

Challenger340

I give up !
my pet peeve with these cars....

WHY do people go to all the time and expense restoring, then bondo over the rear valence corners ? and still ask $89K ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger-R-T-/161969916009?forcerrptr=true&hash=item25b628c869:g:2U0AAOSwGotWtVGD&item=161969916009
Only wimps wear Bowties !

cbrestorations

i know we base the looks of the rear corners on if its a bondo buggy or not seeing them mudded over, but also theres people who dont like seeing those lines. i think it looks better without the lines, more clean lookin. you dont really see any restomod with those corners visable. it is missing the backup lights and it looks like ray charles welded those subframe connectors lol. also if i can see that much orange peel in the paint from pictures, it wont be any better in person