News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasCharger

VegasCharger

alfaitalia

That one look positively good value for money compared to may on this thread....that would be cheap in the UK!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

ACUDANUT

Yea, but there is no such thing a 72 R/T SE Charger.

alfaitalia

Oops...never even noticed that...was just looking at the photos!

VegasCharger

Quote from: alfaitalia on December 16, 2016, 05:45:33 AM
That one look positively good value for money compared to may on this thread....that would be cheap in the UK!

Is it a decent car to hop in drive around and get some looks? Yes.

But if you were to correct all of the defects, the next thing you know you're chipping out those rust spots. They become bigger holes. Next thing you know you're replacing sheet metal and now you're at least 10K into cost plus the $27k you paid for it and at the end of the day you have a 1972 Charger SE for $37,000. And that's if you stay on course to complete it before the realization of a money pit sinks in.

He/she claims un-restored. Correct me if I'm wrong but 1972 Charger SE did not come with a power bulge hood, rallyes did but not SE. So they switched the hood which matches the color of the car. So either they did a great job of matching the colors or the car has a repaint. Which means un-restored is out the window. Also the R/T bulge the hood doesn't match the theme of the car which the SEs received a flat hood and not being an R/T. So I question their "Un-restored" BS it claims to be.

HPP

Geez, need another cup of coffee?

I'd think by now we'd all know value, restored, and original all mean different things to different people. For some this car hits a note, for others, its an abomination. But its also priced less than the price of a house, which we have seen on some of the cars in this thread.

nakita7

There will ALWAYS be two kinds people on this planet...those good with money and those who are not. We literally need both to keep the economy going. Be grateful.

HANDM

Kern Dog

How does that guy have zero posts? Currently they show a big 0 on his post count. It seems that if you post an ad, you'd have at least ONE post.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 20, 2016, 12:23:21 AM
How does that guy have zero posts? Currently they show a big 0 on his post count. It seems that if you post an ad, you'd have at least ONE post.

Ads in the Classified Section don't go against your post count.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Kern Dog

What is with the increase in the 72-74 Chargers? Where have they been? More 73-74 Chargers were built than the 69-70 models. Have these later ones been hidden away, owners waiting to ride the 68-70 wave of increasing value? Some guys think any REAR wheel drive Charger is a 401K on 4 wheels.

alfaitalia

VegasCharger

Quote from: alfaitalia on December 20, 2016, 04:41:17 AM
I guessing he means power bulge hood.

Yea I figured as much. But WTF beveled as a description??

VegasCharger

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on December 20, 2016, 07:35:52 AM
Quote from: HANDM on December 19, 2016, 11:36:06 PM
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,126854.msg0.html#new

We got a live one here!  :lol:

why am I laughing  :icon_smile_big:

Let's say even if this 74 Charger and the current condition it is in, was a rallye package with a 4 speed and heavily optioned. It would have a better chance of fetching the $15K asking price.

Kern Dog

Car needs to come with anal reconstructive surgery for the rape job the seller is attempting to perpetrate.

Mike DC

QuoteThis guy just can't be serious?    smilielol lol smilielol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Dodge-Charger-2-DR-SPORT-HARDTOP-/172452930012?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2826fee1dc:g:010AAOSwo4pYWYIu&item=172452930012

I don't doubt he spent that much building it.  Could have been more if he paid shops to do all the work.

But it will be a big money-loser, like customs normally are.  It's pretty rare to find somebody else who wants your unique artistic vision more than you do.      

VegasCharger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 21, 2016, 04:22:47 AM
This guy just can't be serious?    :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Dodge-Charger-2-DR-SPORT-HARDTOP-/172452930012?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2826fee1dc:g:010AAOSwo4pYWYIu&item=172452930012

Ewww!! "Looky, looky I have an appraisal from Areo Appraisals which means my 68 Charger is worth every penny of my asking price".

Get the "F" outta hear with your stupid displayed appraisal documents. Just because you spent stupid money which you thought was improving the Charger's value. But most of the buying public will deem it being destroyed with that pathetic purple theme and donk rims.

"CAR IS COMPLETE WITH BATTERY MAINTAINER AND CAR COVER"

Wow what a sales pitch.

$115k  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

elks

Homerr

QuoteVIN (Vehicle Identification Number):   xp29g8b125596

QuoteSimply one of a kind custom built 2 door hardtop charger (rare 1 of approx. 6 left like it).

Is it?

1 of 1
1 of 6
1 of 21,455 (383-2bbl)

Does not compute. 

Appraiser obviously used the cars posted in this thread to come up with the value.

6spd68

I'd even go so far as to doubt the legitimacy of that appraisal
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."