News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

I wonder what's the idea behind the portholes in front of the front wheels?

charger chris

That car looks really busy and very confused.
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

timmycharger

Quote from: charger chris on January 25, 2018, 09:45:43 AM
That car looks really busy and very confused.

Probably posted before but I think he was going for the Homer Simpson custom look?

70 sublime

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 25, 2018, 07:35:16 AM

I wonder if they are turning lights that come on when the turn signal for that way is on
Like the big C bodies have
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

72Charger72

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 25, 2018, 07:35:16 AM
and under the nose? WTF?

marshallfry01

https://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/d/1969-dodge-charger-t-general/6471590512.html

Really? The price is crazy but he claims it's an original General Lee from the first 5 episodes. Lol

People say anything to make a dime I guess!
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

68X426

Quote from: marshallfry01 on January 25, 2018, 01:46:31 PM
https://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/d/1969-dodge-charger-t-general/6471590512.html
Really? The price is crazy but he claims it's an original General Lee from the first 5 episodes. Lol

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Y1CHARGER

Quote from: marshallfry01 on January 25, 2018, 01:46:31 PM

Putting the GL part aside, yes a few sellers are out there which is what I expect to see in this thread, but Why is it that just about with EVERY car for sale, you guys think the seller is Delusional when in fact if it were for sale by any of the members here it would probably be the same price if not more.  This particular car seems to come with a lot of used and new parts not to mention that most sellers end up taking an offer much less that the asking price anyway, take out your catalogs and see what the parts would cost if you added them all up.  Have any of you guys looked at the for sale section on this site, it not much different than most of the listings that are posted in this thread.  It's going to be interesting to see when posters on this thread list their cars for sale.......

72Charger72

This car is supposedly.......key word supposedly...and no pic of VIN?

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Y1CHARGER on January 25, 2018, 02:34:27 PM

Why is it that just about with EVERY car for sale, you guys think the seller is Delusional when in fact if it were for sale by any of the members here it would probably be the same price if not more. 

Not me, I point it out.

My gripe with this forum is the double standards that people have here. For instance, when a complete POS that is advertised off site & linked here, the claws come out. But when a site member obtains an equal pile of scrap metal, the comments are (almost always) glowing.

marshallfry01

I wouldn't ever pay 15k for a car in pieces like that. You never know how much might be missing until you go to put it back together. A seller is much better off selling a car that's complete and rusty. I think if he would've left the body alone he could probably get 15..... but I don't see that happening now.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

INTMD8

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

Y1CHARGER

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 29, 2018, 08:13:52 AM
Quote from: VegasCharger on January 29, 2018, 01:11:32 AM
:popcrn:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/1974-dodge-charger/6470853358.html

You guys should just change the name of this thread to "Let's Bash Anyone With a Car For Sale".  I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this, it's pretty sad.

Mytur Binsdirti

Not as sad as those bumble bee seat covers.   :eek2:

JB400

For the price that he's asking for the 74, there's enough wiggle room to afford to change the front seat covers.

That's not really that bad of a price.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: JB400 on January 29, 2018, 05:52:49 PM

That's not really that bad of a price.

For a 74?   You're a funny guy!  :smilielol:

JB400

How about justifying your opinion? :popcrn:

Ryan.C

Quote from: JB400 on January 29, 2018, 09:26:29 PM

While I am not particularly partial to 74 chargers, after reading your post I thought how would I justify to someone why I think 69 Chargers were worth what they seem to go for. It is a subjective subject to say the least
No disrespect intended, just a thought.
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

VegasCharger

If he/she gets $15k for that '74 they better count their lucky stars.

I had a complete running derivable 1973 Charger SE small block in primer, rust free and dent free. I couldn't even get $2500.00 for it. So I said "F" it and parted it out and made about $7300 in about a year and a half. This was back in 2013.

1973/74s don't bring in that much. Yes they are listed for a lot but how many of them actually sell for the asking price?

Now add the buffoonery of the personal touches that these cars are a victim of that gets in the way and distracts potential buyers. If that were a U code Charger then different story. But these Chargers need to be a special package from factory, survivors or unmolested to even consider reaching the 15-20K platform.

Sure this car is a nice hot rod for a youngster to hop in and get joy out of but not at the expense of 15K. You're reaching 2nd gen Charger territory with that asking price.

:cheers:

EDIT: Here's another one close to the same price and some buffoonery as well lol. Blacked out bumper/grille, stripe, ugly color and the infamous hideous of smoothing out the SE quarter glass opera windows. But these are just MY opinions, others may differ.
https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/d/1973-dodge-charger-se/6441073342.html

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: JB400 on January 29, 2018, 09:26:29 PM

Quote from: VegasCharger on January 30, 2018, 07:42:52 AM
If he/she gets $15k for that '74 they better count their lucky stars.

I had a complete running derivable 1973 Charger SE small block in primer, rust free and dent free. I couldn't even get $2500.00 for it. So I said "F" it and parted it out and made about $7300 in about a year and a half. This was back in 2013.

1973/74s don't bring in that much. Yes they are listed for a lot but how many of them actually sell for the asking price?

Now add the buffoonery of the personal touches that these cars are a victim of that gets in the way and distracts potential buyers. If that were a U code Charger then different story. But these Chargers need to be a special package from factory, survivors or unmolested to even consider reaching the 15-20K platform.

I was about to say pretty much the same thing, but my dear friend Vegas took the words out of my mouth.    :2thumbs: 

70 sublime

Quote from: VegasCharger on January 29, 2018, 01:11:32 AM
:popcrn:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/1974-dodge-charger/6470853358.html

I bet he gets his asking price or very close to it

The person that will buy it is someone that really wants a 68 69 or 70 Charger but sees they are asking $30 000 for the same kind of ( well almost maybe not the seats) shiny paint car and thinks getting this one is a stepping stone to something better in the future   
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

alfaitalia

Hideous! I bet Shelby regretted putting their name to that. Even the last two winning bidders realised the error of their ways before it was too late and backed out!!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Kern Dog

People that post vertical aspect/Portrait pictures need a kick to the dick. I'd love to go back in time and punt Steve Jobs in the crotch for setting up the IPhone that way. The lazy dickholes that don't rotate the camera 90 degrees to get a proper angle are mindless lemmings. The REASON that TV screens, movie screens, computer screens and all other screens are wider than they are tall is because as humans, our EYES are side by side. Dows anyone make a movie in "tallscreen" format? NO, they don't. They make it in WIDESCREEN format because it looks better. Vertical pictures is like looking through a narrow doorway.