News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SE Daytona`s

Started by 65post, November 13, 2014, 08:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

65post

How many of these are accounted for ?
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

DaytonaJim

I think the number is 2 or 3 SE Daytonas.  The build sheet for a SE Daytona came in the back seat of my Daytona.  I sent the owner of the SE Daytona a photo copy of the build sheet.
1969 Charger Daytona
1971 Challenger Convertible
1957 Chrysler New Yorker 2 dr ht
1957 Chrysler Windsor 2 dr ht
1941 Plymouth Business Coupe

Ghoste

Gotta be more accounted for than that.  Maxwell Wedge accounted for three personally just in Canada in the other SE Daytona thread.

69_500

Just from the top of my head I was thinking it was 7. 4 Canadian and three on US list.

hemigeno

I still only know of 10 SE Daytonas.  6 "US" and 4 "Canadian" cars.  Here are the colors:

A4
B7
F5
F6 - the only 4-speed of the bunch AFAIK
F8 - Canadian
R4 - Canadian
R4 - Canadian
V2 - Canadian
X9
Y2

That is in no way implying these are the only SE Daytonas built... they're just the ones I've ran across over the years.

:cheers:

69HemiBee

Local one here. F8 California car.
Supercar Restorations is a fully equipped facility specializing in Chrysler Corporation automobiles. We also carry an extensive line of parts. Contact me at hek@supercarrestorations.com if you have any questions. Thank you.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: DaytonaJim on November 14, 2014, 12:41:25 PM
I think the number is 2 or 3 SE Daytonas.  The build sheet for a SE Daytona came in the back seat of my Daytona.  I sent the owner of the SE Daytona a photo copy of the build sheet.

Only a photocopy?

maxwellwedge

Quote from: hemigeno on November 14, 2014, 04:26:47 PM
I still only know of 10 SE Daytonas.  6 "US" and 4 "Canadian" cars.  Here are the colors:

A4
B7
F5
F6 - the only 4-speed of the bunch AFAIK
F8 - Canadian
R4 - Canadian
R4 - Canadian
V2 - Canadian
X9
Y2

That is in no way implying these are the only SE Daytonas built... they're just the ones I've ran across over the years.

Hey Geno - Yes on the 4 Canadian destined cars that I know about as well - 665 (BC), 666 (BC), Doc (Ontario) and I think the F8 was a Quebec car?

Shakey

How come you didn't send him the original?   :shruggy:

held1823

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 17, 2014, 11:34:34 AM

Only a photocopy?

made me shake my head, too. jim is the original owner of his car so he's not in it for the money, which makes his decision all the more bizarre.

i understand the desire to have a sheet but what purpose does keeping the wrong one serve. it should be with the car it is for.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Shakey

From another thread:

QuoteI think I know that car its Kevin M Baldwinsville NY SE 405182 it was Vic G in Dover DE back in the day

shiplist info on it  405182   89   mo      Columbia Dodge, Columbia, Mo   8/24/1969

69DAYTONASE

I was told at the time I purchased my car at that it was the last unaccounted for US Daytona SE per Chrysler Historical Collection and that there were 3 Canadian. I have read this figure elsewhere over the years. I think DSAC  corroborates this number? Then again, I've read accounts from people who were there of them pushing the same cars through over & over to get up to the 503 number to satisfy NASCAR.
"My other car is a farm tractor"

65post

Is this SE in Quebec on the list?

Ghoste

Quote from: 69DAYTONASE on November 17, 2014, 08:59:59 PM
I was told at the time I purchased my car at that it was the last unaccounted for US Daytona SE per Chrysler Historical Collection and that there were 3 Canadian. I have read this figure elsewhere over the years. I think DSAC  corroborates this number? Then again, I've read accounts from people who were there of them pushing the same cars through over & over to get up to the 503 number to satisfy NASCAR.

Don't know about the pushing them through again.  I've read it too and its certainly possible but to my knowledge Ford has admitted doing it and no one else has?  I would put my faith in Geno's numbers.  :icon_smile_wink:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: 65post on November 17, 2014, 09:13:45 PM

Is that its original color or is one of the 4 Canadian SE's we already know to exist?

hemigeno

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 18, 2014, 09:29:43 AM
Quote from: 65post on November 17, 2014, 09:13:45 PM

Is that its original color or is one of the 4 Canadian SE's we already know to exist?

I think it's one of the 4 known Canadian SE's, as there used to be a photo floating around the ol' interweb of the same car's opposite side, being stored under an old carport frame.  Somewhere around the Montreal area IIRC.  If it turns out the car was originally Y2, then my list above should be modified accordingly.  V2 and Y2 can be mixed up pretty easily (DAMHIK   :brickwall: ).

Montreal Wing Car

Yes Geno, same SE Daytona, 414644. Fender tag wasn't on it when I saw it, but I was told by the owner it was originally V2.

Ben

69DAYTONASE

Of the 4 SE Daytonas in Canada how do we know all 4 were shipped there new? So there are 6 accounted for US cars and 4 Canadian, making 10 total. The numbers I got years ago from Chrysler were 7 US and 3 Canadian, and that my car was the last one unaccounted for at the time I bought it in '85. :slap:
"My other car is a farm tractor"

65post

If all 4 SE`s are 41XXXX cars they would be Canadian cars right ?

hemigeno

Quote from: 65post on November 19, 2014, 05:32:25 PM
If all 4 SE`s are 41XXXX cars they would be Canadian cars right ?

They are all 414xxx cars (as with all the other Canadian Daytonas), have the same SPD (as the other Canadian Daytonas, which no domestic-shipped Daytonas have), and all have a Canadian dealer # indicated on the Ship List.

hemigeno

Quote from: Montreal Wing Car on November 18, 2014, 08:47:59 PM
Yes Geno, same SE Daytona, 414644. Fender tag wasn't on it when I saw it, but I was told by the owner it was originally V2.

Ben

Thanks, Ben!  That's the shot I remembered.