News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rant of today

Started by ChargerST, November 12, 2014, 07:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerST

My friend where I had some parts stored just called me and told me that the workers who painted his house threw away a lot of old stuff that was in the house - including my 1970 Bendix Brake Booster (including correct PB linkage and master cylinder)!  :RantExplode:
I didn't pay much for the setup but I will never get a booster again for what I paid for it. Should I try to get back the money I paid for it or insist on a replacement ($$$)? I assume the guy who threw it away will end up paying for it - pretty sure it's a low income guy...  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Troy

Why are painters throwing stuff away? If they really are low income they probably sold it for scrap.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

68X426

Take compensation in beer.  :whistling:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

ChargerST

As it turns out it was the landlord who told the painters to throw everything out. The dumpster where they left it is already empty..
Landlord said he will give my friend some money for the loss.. he probably has  o clue how expensive these boosters are..

Quote from: 68X426 on November 12, 2014, 11:23:27 AM

Take compensation in beer.  :whistling:

draftingmonkey

Reminds me of the time I was home on leave and was drinking with an AF Survival Instructor at a local bar.  He had been a Jag guy before joining up and had a lot of Jag parts stored in a shed at his mothers home.  His former employer contacted him and told him he would give him $10K, this was in '85, for all his parts next time he came home. Went home on leave and in going out to the shed found it empty. Mother told him she paid a junk man $200 to haul it off. Needless to say his leave ended at that moment as he was a tad bit POed at his mother. Sorry to hear about the loss of your parts.

Old Moparz

People don't care so you better get used to it.

Before my sister in law passed away, she had a house that she rented to a family. She did have an out building that she stored her personal things in, like furniture & household items while the tenants lived in the house. After a couple of years they moved out & when my sister in law went to check up on the place she discovered most of her belongings were gone. Either they took it with them, threw it away or sold it. Who knows, but it's obvious they didn't care.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

myk

You can't trust anyone with your things.  If it's important enough to you, then keep it close...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Steve P.

I totally agree with Troy. Was my first thought as well...

Your friend should be going after the "PAINTERS" for all of it.. I believe it is known as THIEVERY. In the eyes of the law anyway. It was there until the "PAINTERS" removed it.. I do not believe it matters if it was thrown away or sold or whatever, it was NOT theirs to do anything with and due to their actions it is gone... I would go after them for full costs of everything....

Also to the OP. I cannot say I would have been so calm in the rant had this happened to me. Good luck in getting reparations on this and please let us know how it works out.   
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Cooter

First mistake? Leaving valuable parts at someone's house......
take the sh*t home.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"