News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wrecked Dart

Started by Drache, November 16, 2014, 01:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

Since he was crawling in from the drivers side window, he had to be going after the passenger side glove box (obviously crunched-in pretty good given the shape of the cowl and windshield frame).  They knew it was going to be tough getting that weed, that's why a good sideline coach was there calling the plays!  :D

Drache

Quote from: Ghoste on November 18, 2014, 06:30:07 AM
Big Nike swoops on the weed divers shoes and a concert jersey on the squatting retrieval coach ("hurry up man theres someone out here with a camera") so that must put it around 1980?

1978 or 1979 if I remember correctly
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

472 R/T SE

Those Oregonians don't have to worry about concealing pot anymore.

On the front page of The Columbian (Vancouver, Wa. paper not a big weed dealer) was a pic of about 5 dudes standing in a circle & the caption said they were having a marijuana break.  Crazy seeing that wrote in the paper. 

TUFCAT

We already have one legal drug (alcohol) that causes impaired driving deaths. Now we've got another legalized drug (marijuana) to deal with.  Just sayin'  :brickwall:

Kern Dog

I rarely agree with the Governor of my state, but when interviewed about the possibility of legalizing weed in CA, he said..."I see no reason to believe that legalizing it would have a positive benefit on society."

Ghoste

Practically legal in CA anyway.

Kern Dog

What a load of crap. JUST what we need is slower drivers clogging up our roads.

moparnation74

TUFCAT

"...Let the coolness get into your vertebrae..." :icon_smile_wink:  :icon_smile_big:

C_stripes

Quote from: ws23rt on November 17, 2014, 06:11:21 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 17, 2014, 06:02:58 PM
That's Hwy. 26 coming out of the tunnel heading west out of Portland, Oregon, it's a stretch going up hill with truck lanes.  The traffic going the other way is like that most of the time, they're getting ready to enter said tunnel with downtown Portland on the other end.

Back when I was able bodied/working I'd pull that hill with one of our old cranes doing about 10 mph.  One of those old cranes only ran 42 mph top speed.  During rush hour was the best.  All kinds of people telling me I'm #1, swerving at me (this one always had me shaking my head).
I would just laugh & wave.  I'm crawling through traffic making $36 an hour...15 years ago, honk all you want.   :nana:

The crane I had when I was paralyzed, I had just got brand new that year, 2.6 million$$.  It pulled that hill a little bit faster.   :insertsarcasm:

You are right about it being hwy 26 in Portland but it is looking east toward skyline. just passed there is down hill to the tunnels. The wreck is on an overpass that goes to canyon rd.
What would be the guess as to the year this was taken?   I say it's at least 25 years old :shruggy:

I knew that looked familiar, as I live not to far from there.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

dual fours

Quote from: Drache on November 16, 2014, 01:32:46 PM
looks like everyone was ok at least

Those front plates are 1965-1974 issue, blue back ground with yellow letters and numbers, and the small yearly sticker in lower left corner is a dark color. my guess is 1974, the yearly sticker was green.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

1974dodgecharger

NO ROLLBAR  ::) NO AIR BAGS  ::) PROBABLY LAP BELTS  ::) yeah all recipes for DISASTER right there.....I know a car called HELLCAT has like 8 airbags, 3 point seat belts, traction control, etc...that will beat that cars safety standards to null..... ::)

TUFCAT

Quote from: dual fours on December 22, 2014, 12:09:09 AM

Those front plates are 1965-1974 issue, blue back ground with yellow letters and numbers, and the small yearly sticker in lower left corner is a dark color. my guess is 1974, the yearly sticker was green.

Hard to believe....I thought it was from the early to mid 1980s.

squeakfinder

The car behind the girl looks like some kind of early 80's vehicle. Not to mention the early 80's Rabbit 3 or so car lengths behind it.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

ws23rt

I'm going to stick with this being early to mid eighties. Many people use plates long after they came out so that is not a great tell. If someone can verify the year of that car next to the girl it would maybe place the earliest date it could be.

TUFCAT

A 1979 Buick Lesabre wagon

ws23rt

Quote from: TUFCAT on December 22, 2014, 08:45:09 PM
A Buick station wagon

I would never have known that.----I do recall a time when I could tell year and make of most American cars from the early fifties to the early 70s by just a corner of the car.  Those were the days they changed every year and that was a big part of getting the next new car. ----It looked new---

moparnation74

Still could be in the 80's.  Oregon used year stickers on bottom right into the eighties.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/111292800404?lpid=82

dual fours

Stickers on the drivers side (lower left) OK, left or right depends which way you look at it, I'll call it the lower right side of plate as you look at the plate also. Just looked, the ODMV says sticker goes on the lower right of plate.  Dark plate background light numbers and letters. (1965-1974)
Did not Oregon DOT requires two plates on passenger cars, one on front and one on rear?
I will try to identify other cars in photo.
Things just don't add up :-\
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

JamieZ

Looking for other copies of this image to see if I could find one of better resolution or with any details, yielded no useful information.  But I did find this page:

http://canadianponcho.activeboard.com/mobile.spark?p=topic&topic=23346002&page=44

Which had some interesting images:

and my personal favorite:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: TUFCAT on December 22, 2014, 08:45:09 PM
A 1979 Buick Lesabre wagon

you know the girls name too?  Please provide info... :icon_smile_big:

TUFCAT

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on December 23, 2014, 03:15:58 AM

you know the girls name too?  Please provide info... :icon_smile_big:

No, but her last name was Lee and she had two older sisters....."Home" and "Lone". Based on further research and knowledge of the Lee sisters, I can predict her name to be either "Sick" or "Fug"

skip68

But you'd still hit that right Tuffy?    Maybe with the lights off?     :shruggy:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Charger-Bodie

It's not even a chick. It's a guy with long hair and a" I'm in pain" look on his face... Easy mistake.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

squeakfinder

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on December 23, 2014, 08:14:30 AM
It's not even a chick. It's a guy with long hair and a" I'm in pain" look on his face... Easy mistake.

My mistake (I think?). Long haired stoner's. I'm still thinking early 80's. Not that many 1960's vehicles in the image.
And yes, it's PIA but Oregon does require two licence plates.

So, would Tufcat still hit on that?
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....