News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

trying to help a mopar friend

Started by nvrbdn, November 25, 2014, 07:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

nvrbdn

got a couple emails today from Steve and Eric Hill. The first one said there was a functioning gas pedal, and it was sweet. The second was telling us the car drove around under its own power for the first time.  :drive:   

:cheers:           :woohoo:

they are installing the seats. I will be stopping by to aid with a little wiring.  and then the time will arrive to return the car to Steve. hope to have plenty of pic's and whatever.  David, I will let you know when we set up to pick the car up. Anyone else that would be interested, and can be in the area, let me know and I can let you know how this will go down.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

I am trying to contact some local news stations.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

nvrbdn

thanks Allen.
   went by the school today. Eric was just pulling the car back into the building. He will be putting the car on the alignment rack tomorrow. then he said he would like to bleed the brakes again to see if he can get a little stiffer pedal. I grabbed the hood ornament to find bolts for it.

went to MAACO in Woodriver. talked to the owner.  he did say he would look at the car and possibly touch up the existing paint on the car. we will need to talk more in the future. I have also considered one of those "go-fund-me" accounts on facebook to see if we could get interest in helping get the car painted, and maybe the hand controls for the not too far off future.

well, that's where we are at right now.  :2thumbs:  pic of the car today with grill off so I can find bolts.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Allen wrote a nice article and sent it out, and a local news agency posted it on facebook. My daughter tagged me and I was pretty excited to read it. Here is the article.  http://www.granitecity.com/article/11600
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Chatted with Eric today. The front end alignment went well. we have brake lights. We have a running, driving car with brakes. the new regulator is going in.

All that is left is to mount the seats. yep, that's it. they are making frames for the seats so they will raise 3-4 inches higher for Steve.

Then chatted with Steve. He went to a car show on Saturday, and said it really gave him the itch. Allen said the local paper contacted him. So as soon as Eric says the seats are mounted (we hope by Friday) we will go get the car. :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

nvrbdn

We picked up the car today. It was a great day. I took pictures, but for some reason for the first time it doesn't want me to re-size them. I did shoot a short video of Steve driving the car around the school parking lot. Let me tell you, it was awesome. I was thrilled. He decided he wanted to stand next to the car to take pictures. So he stood next to it while I took a couple pics. Then I asked him if he wanted to get in. At first he wasn't going to, but as he thought about it, he said yes. we maneuvered him, opened the door, and he went in. I ran in to get some towels to clean the window when Mr Hill said "How's it going out there?"  I said he is in the car. Eric went out to see him, and they talked for a moment, then Eric said to fire it up. Steve started the car, and then it didn't take long before he took off. Cruised around for a bit and that's when I shot the video on my camera. Eric and I were really happy that the car was driven by Steve first. This is the first time he was able to get in this car and go for a drive. He watched me drive the car later, then we went for lunch. While sitting at the restaurant he told me, "I always wanted a car that looks so awesome driving down the road, I do believe I now have that car".  That was all I needed to hear.  We are not done yet, we still have the interior to go, and a couple wiring issues to clean up.

enjoy the video                                                                                                                                                                  https://onedrive.live.com/?id=25315240958B59C8%21129&cid=25315240958B59C8&group=0&parId=root&o=OneUp
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

if you listen close you can hear Steve say "I like it"  &  "alot"     :2thumbs:

It was impossible to get the smile from his face..............   and mine.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

ok guys and gals, I got the pictures to go. so here we are with the picking up of the car. :2thumbs:

Steve decided he wanted to stand by the car for the pics. 
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

I went and found bolts for the yellow metal grill center piece, and the hood ornament, but didn't get large enough washers. So we went without mounting it.

Next, Steve decides to climb in.  oh how sweet it is. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

next, he decided to go for a cruise. the car looked and sounded awesome.  :rofl:

I had to do a quick cleaning of the windshield so he could see. :coolgleamA:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

then it was time to load up and deliver the car to steve's house.  His smile says it all. A great day. :yesnod:

We did run to the car wash for a bath. She sure looked nice when we got her home.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

birdsandbees

Very NICE! A happy man with some WONDERFUL friends!  :cheers:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

nvrbdn

Steve called the other day and asked if there were any cruises or shows coming up, or could he get to working on the car? there was only 1 show I know of, and no trunk or treats for hot rods.   that's right, I cant find any trunk or treat car shows in the area.     So I told him to go ahead.  We are wanting to change door latch gear and put an up to date piece in there. He went to get some tools so he could cut the old stuff out and get ready for welding new pieces in. He said it was all the perfect height from his chair. Ha Ha.  The new lens came in to replace the rear tail light lens that was broken. Steve also has that heated garage which will make it so nice for some winter work. So the first cruise wont be until next spring, cuz steve in in the play mode, and he is gona play with that sweet car. I will get some pics as the progress moves along. He has been cruising around the neighborhood a bit. Just nice to see him driving.   

:drive:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Dino

Way cool!  That's a wonderful thing you guys did for him.   :cheers:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

nvrbdn

We made a news paper. It is called the "Advantage News" for Granite City Illinois. They may have a couple letters left out of my name, but it is a wonderful article. Thank you Allen for giving them the story. This is awesome.

Steve did cut at least one of the old latches out. I will be setting up a day to head down there and do some cutting and welding on the doors so we can complete the poppers. The school already had everything mounted and wires run, but it didn't have enough umph to pull the old door latches.

enjoy the article.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

billssuperbird

nvrbdn

A little update, not much has been done lately. with Christmas coming and all, I haven't had time to get to Steve's. We did find time to go out for dinner though. It was a great night for him and Tammy, me and Kitty. We got to talk for a couple hours. then I stopped by on Monday to check in. the plan is to finish cutting out the other door latch and weld in the new latches. That will be next week since I am on vacation. finish the electric windows, and start thinking about the interior. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

OK guys, we are back to work on the 37 Plymouth. Well, we actually didn't do any work today, but we went to a big swap meet at the Grizzley park. A minor league team. We had a good time, and the weather was nice. They were also having little league games, so when we stopped for a hotdog and drink we took in a few innings of a ball game. picked up a few treasures, and had a great day with Steve. we were checking the fit of the new door latches when I shot this pic. we will definitely have the car at the MDA car show in June.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

Can't wait to see you guys at some shows.  Jim, you still got that 727?
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

nvrbdn

Yes I do. I need to throw it in the back of the truck so I can drop it off to you one day. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

yes you do but I think my transmission guy retired :brickwall:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

nvrbdn

Went to Steve's yesterday after work. We got one of the new latches in the pass door. I have a minor alteration to do to the striker plates, then we will mount them both and put the drivers latch in. Hopefully we will get this done Saturday when I get back over there.  We will be going to a swap meet at Gateway race track in Madison Il. Sunday where he hopes to find a couple parts he is wanting. Once the poppers are in and complete we will lay the carpet and bolt the seats in so he can make the car show next month.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House