News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

$10704.61

Started by Paul G, December 27, 2014, 08:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger340

Quote from: Paul G on January 01, 2015, 02:02:39 PM
There is a lot to be said about building your own engine. There is no better feeling than telling someone "I built it myself". Or "I did the restoration". There is no doubt in my mind that I, and many others can build a monster engine. Built to rival the best engine builders out there. I could build 30 of them. The 30th one might be perfect. The first 29 not so much, the first 5 not at all. The first few might not even run very well.

I think it is in the best interest of most of us to let the "experts" build the monster engines. I have learned so much from the "experts" on this forum. Thanks guys. What I have gained most is learning the right questions to ask the real engine builders. Do it once, do it right, and spend the money on what works best for my application.     

I certainly can't, nor would I want to argue with the personal satisfaction of assembling your Engine  :2thumbs:
IMO,
for many car guys, it should be part of the whole "hotrod" experience at some point.

The problem being, as I see it, is the lack of good machining available in their geographical area for those wanting to do so ?
I can't stress here enough....
for those wishing to "Assemble" their own Engines as part/parcel of the whole Car guy genre.... to seek out the best machining possible, for best results !
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Ghoste

comet_666

Price seems in line with mine at a bit over 10k. Mine is ready to run including headers.
Only paying $285 for dyno test and tune though.