News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help Me With This Saddle Color Interior

Started by Cudapower, December 22, 2014, 10:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cudapower

Hi, I am doing a 69 Charger with a saddle interior. The dash pad and the dash front pads and the door top pads seem to be a brown color rather than the same color as the seats.  The Legandary catalog lists theirs as 650 saddle color but I don't think so. Does anyone know what color they should be ? Thanks 

Dino

I think that's how it's supposed to be.  The seats and door panels are a different shade than the upper pads and dash.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Mike DC

Standard procedure was for colored interiors to have a slightly darker dashboard area, and sometimes the headliner area was slightly lighter.  Depends on the assembly plant, batch of parts, etc.  Sometimes the differences were subtle and other times they were more significant.  

People get confused because the hobby just doesn't prioritize it.  For some reason it's easier to get good info about the correct bare metal finishes on the suspension parts than to find out how the whole interior is supposed to look from 30 feet away.  Why that is, I will never understand.  

The Legendary color IS correct for the seats & door panels, and maybe the headliner area too.  Just not necessarily the dash.  

Mr. Lee

If I can jump in on this post, can someone tell me what color the dashframe is from the saddle/tan interior?
Also need to paint the lower dashpads because I haven't got original ones. Wich paint do I need?
I'm redoing mine and need the correct color. Is there an interior paintcode list?

Thanks 👍

Lord Warlock

On my saddle leather interior, my dash pad, and padded parts on dash were brown (as was the carpet color-but I only had a few remnants of the original carpet when I got the car, it came up in pieces.  

When I re-did my interior, I painted the dash pieces using SEM Bluebird Brown, which matched the dash pads and the plastic pillar covers.  My upper door panels were always a little darker than the door panels which looked tan (still have the original panels) but they did not look as dark as the bluebird brown looks.  Right now I really like how the bluebird brown upper door panels look, it ties the color of the door to the dash and pillar trim.  My headliner was lighter than the rest of the interior was, still tan, but not saddle like the rest.  The brown does make the interior look like a two tone interior, the original upper door pads weren't as much of a dramatic change, they were only subtle bit darker than the saddle door panels. 

As far as the frame goes, the door frames on mine have a gold or bronze colored tint to it, the whole door isn't the bronze color but the parts below the door panels are it looked like someone held a pattern up to the door to spray the bronze color as it left some weird patterns underneath the door panels and under the plastic sheeting.  I'm pretty sure the dash frame has the same bronze color to it.  I could probably get the woodgrain radio panel out to see tomorrow sometime if there was something in particular you wanted me to take a picture of. (glovebox area or radio area)
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Lord Warlock

Here is a picture of the bluebird brown upper door panels.  They do pretty much match the new brown dash pad I ordered to replace my original which is still on the car at this time. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Mr. Lee

Thanks for the input man  :2thumbs:

However, I want the lighter color as on this picture.  Anyone knows wich  color I need for the pads and frame?