News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help selecting '70 drum to disk conversion kit

Started by AKcharger, January 01, 2015, 07:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

Hi Dave, No progress, waiting on B5 for his old hubs, I don't want to mess with the STUDS anymore (sorry if I said lugs)

I'm going to do a complete write-up on it as soon as it's finished but I'd recommend this set-up it if you're looking for a fast and cheap kit. The odds are you're hubs are fine and if you don't replace the studs I'd bet you could have the conversion done in less than 4 hours if your a competent mechanic.

If your in a hurry PM me for questions/photos or wait a week or so and I'll have it all spelled out for ya'

fy469rtse

nah , please dont pm ,
share with all , I'm learning from this as well as others on here , Look at how many views you have had on this
i have questions as well,
like what are those calipers , size of rotors , what wheel size minimum do you need to go,
i have stock front disks and looking to up grade ,
those calipers are a nice tight fit ,

AKcharger

Quote from: fy469rtse on February 16, 2015, 12:16:54 AM
nah , please dont pm ,
share with all , I'm learning from this as well as others on here , Look at how many views you have had on this
i have questions as well,
like what are those calipers , size of rotors , what wheel size minimum do you need to go,
i have stock front disks and looking to up grade ,
those calipers are a nice tight fit ,

FY469, if you already have factory discs THIS CONVERIONS IS NOT FOR YOU. The original set up is at least the same in performance and there's no mystery when getting replacement parts.  But since you asked:
-Calipers are off a 1992 Chevy Caviler. While not sure of size they are pretty much the same size as I've seen on other V-8 type cars, in fact the pads look a little bigger
- I think the rotors are 10.25 size looks fine for any V-8 application
- Min wheel size is 14' that's one of the prime reasons I went with the kit, most all others required I go 15's and I wanted to keep my Rallye wheels