News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wax Brand Question:

Started by Captain D, January 05, 2015, 01:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Hello all,

I was just curious to see if anyone here uses the brand, 'Liquid Lustre' to any of your cars, by chance? A friend highly recommended it to me, but before I pull the trigger on a bottle I just thought that I would post since I didn't see too much under a search here on this particular product.

I've been using the Mother's products - particularly the 'Mother's Spray Wax' as my primary 'detailer' in between car show events. Even though this is just a spray wax, this stuff is impressive as it truly gives that high gloss / wet look hands-down. But, as a polisher, wax, etc. I was curious to learn if the 'Liquid Lustre' really gives you that same high gloss / wet look as advertised. If any input, pros / cons, and pictures are out there - I'd love to hear about it. In the end,  it may prove comparable to, say, Mothers newer California Gold Synthetic Wax, perhaps.

Thank you for your time,
Aaron

moparnation74

Many varieties of wax products to choose from and reviews all over the place.

I use the Mothers California gold carnauba wax and the spray wax/detailer as well.  Works wonders on my black beauty in comparison to other brands.  Also, it is readily available at local stores. 

bill440rt

I remember using that product about 20 years ago. Maybe longer. It worked OK. Ended up using it on the daily drivers until the bottle was empty.
Like MN74 says, many products out there & what some like others won't.

Lately I've been a big fan of Griot's Garage stuff. Adam's makes some nice products as well.
Another product in the wax arsenal is 3M Show Car Paste Wax. It is strictly a wax, your paint surface needs to be perfect underneath before using it. It will not remove swirls or scratches.

You could plunk down hundreds of dollars on wax products before you find one you like. Thru trial and error, you'll find one you like that works for you.
The ones that didn't ended up getting used on the daily's. 
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce