News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seen this picture before?

Started by Drache, January 07, 2015, 10:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69DAYTONASE

Quote from: DAY CLONA on January 09, 2015, 12:27:44 PM
Quote from: hemigeno on January 09, 2015, 10:42:04 AM
I'm with Robert/FJMG on this one.  What might otherwise look like red paint on that passenger's side area is, IMHO, a reflection of the guy's shirt standing next to the car. 

Agreed, just blow the pic up and you'll see it's a reflection of the guys shirt in the window, nothing more.....it's a "Daytona", or possibly a 500 modified, or..?

Quite a few indicators here that it's a real Daytona IMO. The A pillar molding, front wheel well trim, trunk lid. I really don't get why anyone would cover up those nice door scallops with a scoop that is rather plain in comparison :scratchchin:
"My other car is a farm tractor"

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 69DAYTONASE on January 10, 2015, 08:45:04 PM
I really don't get why anyone would cover up those nice door scallops with a scoop that is rather plain in comparison :scratchchin:

personally, I've always prefered the 70 Charger R/T styling over the more plain 68/69 styling ques, the dual door scallops always appeared as a distraction to the coke bottle side profile of the car, the 70 scoop helps define/highlight the rear qtr transition into the front portion of the vehicle, plus makes a great place to have an R/T emblem! ;D

charger_fan_4ever

Funny originally the wing cars had a hard time moving off the lots. Because of this im surprised of the cloning back in the day.

Davtona

Quote from: DAY CLONA on January 10, 2015, 09:04:55 PM
personally, I've always prefered the 70 Charger R/T styling over the more plain 68/69 styling ques, the dual door scallops always appeared as a distraction to the coke bottle side profile of the car, the 70 scoop helps define/highlight the rear qtr transition into the front portion of the vehicle, plus makes a great place to have an R/T emblem! ;D

Yes I like the 70 door scoops also. Great place for RT emblems. But if you start talking Hemi cars the perfect place for the Hemi emblems on these cars was on the doors between the scallops. 70 Hemi cars emblems looked like they were just stuck there for lack of any place better. Hemi emblems looked like they were made to go between the door scallops on the 68 & 69 doors.

Redmanf1

That is a MI dealer plate.

Nelson

Quote from: DAY CLONA on January 10, 2015, 01:41:37 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on January 10, 2015, 01:30:38 PM
Mike, did you ever find out why (or who) it was originally built for?  :scratchchin:  A car like that had to have a purpose - at least you would think.  Have you ever tracked down the plate numbers to find out who might have had those numbers in '70. Sometimes dealer plates can tell a story based on the numbers, like when issued, possibly where, and to what company.

For example, the 395 may have been issued to a particular dealer or company, and the suffix numbers "33" would ascend for each plate issued to that dealer

Tufcat,
You are correct as to the plate identification, I just never found anyone with records that far back, the plate was a Michigan 1969 issue

Mike

odcics2

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 10, 2015, 01:30:38 PM
Mike, did you ever find out why (or who) it was originally built for?  :scratchchin:  A car like that had to have a purpose - at least you would think.  Have you ever tracked down the plate numbers to find out who might have had those numbers in '70. Sometimes dealer plates can tell a story based on the numbers, like when issued, possibly where, and to what company.

For example, the 395 may have been issued to a particular dealer or company, and the suffix numbers "33" would ascend for each plate issued to that dealer

The original B&W photos, which I have, were in a folder marked "McCurrys Daytona".
Got those at a flea market.  I did not know who "McCurry" was back then!   :brickwall:
The original large blown up color 'poster', was hanging in Chrysler Photographic.
I was given that when they were updating their decor. 

Mike - how about sharing that Autorama photo you have??
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

wingcarenvy

I think I see vinyl top trim on the left C pillar.