News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C500 on Ebay fitted with real Daytona parts !

Started by tan top, February 15, 2015, 07:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettybird

shame it's going so high.  we couldn't swing it last time and could really use the parts...having a C500 with A/C would have rocked too.

wingcarenvy

I made a play for that car about 10 years ago at 40k out of Michigan. I was a little late and before i could hop on a plane to look at it a deposit was accepted sight unseen by someone else. I still like it and if I had the cash I would love to pick it up, fix some items and drive the wheels off it.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

white

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: Bug shield C500 on February 17, 2015, 03:47:44 PM
WOW... I looked at this car when it was in Oregon for sale 4 years ago. The Daytona parts are nice but the rest of the car..... :'(
at least the guys description is pretty close. That car has had lots of quarter panel patches done and lots of bondo. Left quarter it's spliced three quarters the way up all the way across. I could stick my fingers between the overlap gap on the inside. right quarter has several patches welded in around the wheel wheel. truck floor has several patches and main floor and trany tunnel has patches.
Seats are rock hard, felt like it had plywood under the covers. And those inserts didn't look right at all and I think were installed over the vinyl inserts. The interior  is driver quality at best. I walked away since really to restore that car your looking at both quarters, trunk, and main floor . A complete nose for C500 and then who know's what you find when the paint comes off.

I don't think selling the daytona parts at a premium will get enough to restore the car.  From what I remember it was advertised for $45k and it sold for $35k.

If someone buys it I would say replace the seats kits add new carpet and truck mat to hid the Frankenstein welding and enjoy the car as is. Good Luck. I love the color and options that car has. it would be really fun if they all worked.   :cheers:

Thanks that was a great description of the car. Thanks for taking the time to share :2thumbs:

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

djcarguy

Why not just fix few thing to get it drivable till ,ya got another car ready for wing an nose swap???   just drive as is the world an gas is ending ,,??? ??? so enjoy it now???hahaha :2thumbs: :drool5: :coolgleamA: