News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TALLADEGA 15 ??

Started by Highbanked Hauler, February 13, 2015, 03:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

I haven't been on for quite a while,  does anybody know if it is definite  or is it  speculation ???  thanks.. :shruggy:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Aero426

Plan is for it to be the October race weekend.  10-22 thru Sunday.

TheAutoArchaeologist

We're going to do the official announcement here this week.

hemi68charger

I see the race is on the 25th?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

held1823

correct, troy. the meet is thursday (22th) through sunday (25th)
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

hemi68charger

Quote from: held1823 on February 14, 2015, 12:52:42 PM
correct, troy. the meet is thursday (22th) through sunday (25th)

Reservations made........ Now, I should have PLENTY of time to get this pesky 426 Hemi figured out in the Daytona... I can't wait to drive a 426 Hemi-powered Daytona with dumps around the track.. wooohooo !!!   :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Mopurr

After reading the reviews for the Baymont, decided not to stay there this year.   I reviewed some of the other choices and decided to stay at the The Quality Inn....it is the former Comfort Inn.  The rate is $69.95 per night they have breakfast, Fridges and Microwaves.  They said that they do have Semi/truck and trailer parking.  With a AARP/Senior or AAA Discount the rooms are $62.96 per night.

hergfest

Made reservations yesterday at the Days Inn.  We stayed there in 2009 and it was nice.  Can't wait until October!

dodgepaul1969

How far are either or any of these motels from the track? I'm a newbie to the track and the trip, although the folks I'll be with have done it before, but what all is to be expected when we get there? I knew last year there was talk of the Wellborn Museum and maybe some time at the Atlanta track earlier in the week? Do we get to stay for the race afterwards? any word on if we will get to do laps? or at least on the grounds outside to enjoy the Talladega "experience"? I've heard various stories from various folks, who have attended these meets for years, about the level of enthusiasm from the NASCAR folks for us to be there, some good, some not so much. I'm honored we get to go, so I don't want to appear that I'm expecting anything special. Just an idea of where to be and what to be ready for.
1970 4-spd Superbird, '69 Charger 500 Daytona clone,2015 Hellcat 6-spd B-5 Blue,1968 572 Hemi Charger,70 GTX 535 6-pac 4 spd,69 GTX 440 4-spd Super Trac Pac Car,70 Coronet 500 "bee clone",70 383 4-spd Road Runner, 1973 383 Barracuda, and a couple Cummins and old school power wagons. All Mopar land over this a way

Aero426

The track is not really close to any motels.    It is about an hour from Alexander City where the museum is.      All the pre-race activities would be in Alexander City where the motels are located.    If you want to take some extra time to go to Talladega and visit the racing museum there during the week, I certainly would recommend it.    As for the race on Sunday, in the past, we have been able to purchase race tickets in a block.   Some people want to stay for the race.   Some people want to go home as soon as the parade lap is over with.     (We would not go up to the track if there is no parade lap planned.)    If you have done the parade lap before, it's not really that big of a deal.   Of course, it is fun because all the cars are together.     The overall experience of having all the cars together in one place is the best part.   The experience that the Wellborns provide will make you feel that you have been part of something special.     

RealWing

Do most people drive to the track from the motel or trailer??
1970 Superbird 440-6bbl
1969 Barracuda 340 Formula S
1969 Barracuda convertible  6.1 L Hemi
2015 BMW K1600 GTL

Aero426

Quote from: RealWing on February 26, 2015, 04:53:52 PM
Do most people drive to the track from the motel or trailer??

I'd say 50/50.   There's plenty of room for trailers at the track.    If you are heading home from the track on Sunday, I would say bring the trailer. 

Highbanked Hauler

Is there still the gathering/show at the museum  on saturday ??
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

hergfest

Or just leave the trailer at home and drive it...

Aero426

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on February 26, 2015, 07:55:32 PM
   Is there still the gathering/show at the museum  on saturday ??

Schedule and official announcement have not been made.   By what was planned for last fall, Friday would be at the house and Saturday would be at the museum.