News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tachometer is a clock

Started by NZCharger, September 10, 2015, 09:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZCharger

My 69 R/T is at the auto electrician , getting fuel sender,  fuel gauge issues sorted , so told him
the tachometer isnt working either , so he said he will have a look at it ,turns out its not
a tach its just a clock !!! ha ha .I thought the clock was in the middle and the outside was a tach  .Was a Tachometer a factory option as well ?
thought they would have been standard

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

VegasCharger

1st pic clock only.

2nd pic Tic Toc Tac.

BROCK

Choices were a blank filler plate, clock or Tic-Toc-Tac even on the R/T.

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Dino

Blank was only in '70, '68 and '69 had the clock standard.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

dual fours

Quote from: NZCharger on September 10, 2015, 09:25:12 PM
My 69 R/T is at the auto electrician , getting fuel sender,  fuel gauge issues sorted ,
NZCharger, keep us updated on the fuel sender install. Thanks.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

NZCharger

Thanks for your replys . bought a new fuel sender and installed but the fuel guage was way out,
so have had the old sender refurbished and its getting reinstalled next week , will let ya know how it goes

C500

Quote from: NZCharger on September 11, 2015, 01:06:43 AM
Thanks for your replys . bought a new fuel sender and installed but the fuel guage was way out,
so have had the old sender refurbished and its getting reinstalled next week , will let ya know how it goes

Could be the positioning of the float inside the tank, had the same problem with mine, and ended up massaging it to fit inside the tank better, pickup on the bottom.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."