News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Charger Hood Call Out

Started by Cudapower, September 09, 2015, 08:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cudapower

As an option a person could order a 70 Charger with the hood blacked out, and also with "440" hood call out lettering. This is an uncommon option with little information available that I have been able to find. I was wondering if anyone out there has any factory information on that option? My understanding is that the numbers were shipped loose and dealer installed. There has been debate about what is the right location for them as the dealer put them various ways that suited them or the buyer. I have seen them centered in the blacked out hood areas, and also I have seen them installed about 2 inches up from the out side edge of the black area. The people I have talked to say that the approximately 2 inches up from the outside is correct but have no evidence to substantiate that. Has anyone seen or have any Chrysler instructions on the correct location? Thanks

polywideblock

maybe contact the 1970 registry    www.1970chargerregistry.com 

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Just 6T9 CHGR

This is the factory '70 V24 Hood Engine Call Out bulletin.   Doesnt give exact measurements that I can see but maybe it will help?  I personally have never seen them installed any other way but centered

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Cudapower

Wow what a neat document you posted, thank you sir! I don't see any measurements either, but if you notice the picture of the hood, the 440's are centered in the black. That is the way I did mine years ago and I have had several people either tell me that was right or it was wrong and needed to be down closer to the outer edge. I have also seen a couple over the years in magazines with the numbers close to the outer edge. But this bulletin pretty well confirms that they should be centered to be correct. Thank you again.

daveco

The engineering drawing that 6T9 CHGR posted actually does give fairly specific dimensions.
The circles with the 10RT 15LT are distances from centerline. Longitudinally, 0 looks to be the trailing edge of the hood.
R/Tree

Cudapower

By Gosh you are right. I hadn't picked up on that. It does give dimensions for the location. It also shows that the decal should be centered in the total black area which includes the cowl black, not just the hood. That puts them as you say more to the rear of the hood edge. Interesting, I wonder where some people got the idea that they should be about 2 inches off the lower fender side edge of the black? Of course there are very few people out there that are even aware 70 chargers had hood decals. Thank you for pointing that out !

daveco

Wouldn't surprise me at all if very few got installed according to the drawing originally.
R/Tree

MxRacer855