News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Out for a ride.

Started by lloyd3, August 31, 2019, 10:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

I've been tweaking my car quite a bit lately.  Adjusting the clutch, the brakes, fixing the turn signals, you know...tweaking.  After a rather busy couple of weeks completing many long-time deferred maintenance projects around the house (carpentry, plumbing, paint, landscaping, etc.) today was something of a rare down day.  It's been nicely cool here this August (all summer, actually) but, today was the exception. Hot and bright and no afternoon monsoon to cool things down.  It started out by my wanting to clean up a few smudges inside the back window that were really bothering me (and not wanting to watch any more of the stupid TV show that my family was so-engrossed in), then... after I'd pulled it out of the garage, it made sense somehow to go for a spin.  It had finally started to cool down nicely and with all the windows down it was just like old times. Rolling along at 50 on a pretty, late-summer evening on nice, semi-empty (God Bless holidays!) semi-rural back roads and then going up and down through the gears making occasional strong pulls up to 90 (or 100) and listening to the 4428 S Carter opening up all it's lovely 750 (740?) cfms.  A healthy four-fourty has a unique sound through stock exhausts as you accelerate and decelerate briskly. Clearly....the sound track of my youth still affects me.  Now, I've driven lots of cars over the years, with some that were clearly faster and more sophisticated than this old Dodge, but..... nothing that comes close to producing the sights and sounds that these cars do. There is something raw and genuine about them that the newer stuff just doesn't have. Clearly...there is a lot of nostalgia involved here for me but, there is something more involved here...genuine fun.  Every car should be this fun.

jefferson

Come on man
Can't tease us with a topic like this without some pictures of your ride  :2thumbs:

70 sublime

I know exactly what you mean
Just going out for a spin in the evening is what I have been doing also
Usually late enough coming home with the lights of the car on ( some times I even have to turn them on when heading out)
Just the sounds ( almost a little too loud but that is good)
The feel like you have to get in an operate the car not just sit there and drive like the newer stuff
The smell they seem to have all their own
The smile on my face  :2thumbs:

The darker the earlier it is now getting I am starting to think Crap it will not be long before it is going to start to snow again so the circle of my drive gets a little bigger just so it lasts a little longer while it still can
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

djcarguy

Quote from: jefferson on September 01, 2019, 01:30:20 AM
Come on man
Can't tease us with a topic like this without some pictures of your ride  :2thumbs:   pixs pixs even after dark with lites on?

lloyd3

I used to have lots of photos of it here, but Photobucket screwed that one up. My last cell phone had lots of pix on it, but it died cold last June. I need to relearn how to do it, I suppose.  Just another UU-1 Light Blue car with a C6B Frost Blue interior...

Dang it! Cant get it to work right on Imgur.

lloyd3

Too darn big!  Oh well...here it is after getting caught in the rain (w/the lights on).

lloyd3

VegasCharger

Quote from: lloyd3 on September 01, 2019, 01:06:02 PM
Too darn big!  Oh well...here it is after getting caught in the rain (w/the lights on).

Dang that's a huge pic file (1.31 MB)

Here is the same pic reduced down to 177 KB

:cheers:

lloyd3

jefferson

Bloody awesome bro
Mine is qq1 blue. Same car tho 68rt

Damn awesome cars. I love them

lloyd3

Jefferson: Thank.you.  These cars are rolling art and great fun, a truly wonderful combination.

Mytur Binsdirti

Pretty color combination.     

taxspeaker

Back N Black

Troy

Awesome! Our weather was great this week and I was out cruising about 11 PM (no bugs!) thinking about the good times.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

lloyd3

Appreciate the kind words folks! You know that UU-1 was the least popular of the three blue-paint options in '68. I'd always associated it with Coronet station wagons before this car. Troy: Fall is the season of the old-car conga-lines here too.  Fifty-somethings (and sixty!) out cruising around in the cars of their youth, trying to remember what it feels like to be a horny teenager again.  Sometimes it even works...

lloyd3

All my previous photography here was at least a few years old. This was this morning (9/12/19). Nice cool and clear start to pretty September day.

TexasStroker

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

BSB67

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Hemidog

Awesome car, it is very nice to actually enjoy the fruits of your labor. My wrenching to driving ratio is quite offset, but I do enjoy a nice drive.

68moparbob

lloyd3

Cleaning up the car today (meant to do it yesterday) for a little show here tomorrow.  I haven't been to one for quite some time so it will be fun to see some of the newer cars in the area (hopefully).  My son is joining me for the early session (7AM to about 9AM).  They call it "Coffee and Cars".

For those who have never seen a C6B Frost Blue interior, here's the view from the back seat, cleaning windows with my helper.

TexasStroker

Interior looks awesome!
Hemidog, are your side view mirrors black, or is it just a shadow?  I'd always toyed with that idea.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

lloyd3

Thanks! All I ever seem to see is black or white.

Hemidog

Quote from: TexasStroker on September 13, 2019, 04:46:00 PM
Interior looks awesome!
Hemidog, are your side view mirrors black, or is it just a shadow?  I'd always toyed with that idea.
Plastidip black, looks good. The drivers side chrome was really pitted.