News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need # to company making dutchman panel for my Daytona clone

Started by pandamarie, June 21, 2008, 01:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandamarie

I read on here awhile ago about someone making new dutchman panels or 73 charger trunk lip/drip rail. I looked and cant find it. Anyone have a # for someone making new ones??
Thanks
Thanks everyone. I found one in near perfect shape cheap.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Charger1973

I have another used one but I havent cut it from the car so i'm not sure of the condition yet.  If you end up going that route just send me a PM.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

hotrod98

Some things to think about when using the third gen dutchman panel.
First, you will need to bow it up in the middle slightly, clamp each end down and apply heat.  Cool it before loosening the clamps so that it will retain that shape. Just keep comparing it to the deck lid until you're satisfied that it has the same shape.
Second, when you alter the deck lid, I highly suggest leaving additional space between the closeout panel and the front lip. You'll need it so that the gasket will have a place to seal. If you'll turn the deck lid upside down and lay the dutchman on it, you'll see what I mean. The steps in the dutchman will hit the bumps in the closeout panel and there won't be a way for the weatherstrip to make a good seal.  This will make the dutchman panel sit about 1/2" or less further forward than an original daytona. Not really noticeable. Don't make any cuts in the trunk opening until you're sure that everything is aligned properly.
Third, when you break that front lip on the deck lid, don't use the closeout panel edge to determine the radius, use the dutchman panel. They're just a little bit different.
When I install the vega plug, I break the rear edge of the plug and overlap the front edge of the dutchman. Much less weld seam that way.

Hope this makes sense. It will once you actually start the installation.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

pandamarie

I Love This site, You guys are very helpfull and a wealth of information. Thanks Hotrod98 for the info. I will be getting started on the trunk area in a few weeks, just found out my Step Dad who just beat throat cancer now has Lung cancer. Poor guy never smoked in his life.
One more reason to live for the day because you might not be here tomorrow. Glad I only have a bad back, as long as I can still get around and finish my Daytona and go for one good top end run I will be happy.

hotrod98

If you need additional info, just pm me. I'll try to remember to take a couple of pics as well.
Sorry to hear about your stepdad. My wife and i truly believe in enjoying every single day. Our lives changed forever when we found out that she had Alzheimer's.
Now all of our plans that we had for retirement are in high gear. If everyone realized how short and precious life is, this would be a different world.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

I just made Daytona plug  front trunk channel in one piece , working out curvature now. It should be no problem , will keep you posted .

farm966

daytonalo

More than likely along with my Die Bent Daytona truck hinges and stainless A-pillar trim . At some point I will make my own Daytona plug along with window trim . The trim sides will be welded together and when done it will seamless