News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stolen !

Started by RGA, January 21, 2015, 04:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

That's hard to swallow, makes you wanna do a crime if you find out who did it. Good luck buddy  :P
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

500Jon

Its not nice to steal someone possessions FULL-STOP!

Some Folks do it to hurt you and make you look and feel bad.
Others are just LOW-LIFE and there's nothing you can do about them.
Hopefully the insurance company will see you right!!! :2thumbs:

Stealing a loaf of bread was a crime in the UK and you could be sent to Australia for doing it (200 years ago).
A bit harsh I know, but stealing someones PRIDE and JOY is worse, there is only one person who can really sort that out.

THE BIG MAN HIMSELF, COME JUDGEMENT DAY... :angelwing:
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

moparnation74

TUFCAT

Wondering the same.   :popcrn:

marshallfry01

Do you live near Chip Foose?
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

472 R/T SE

RGA

No updates. No charger. I will find it and get it back one day. I don't want another one.

Mopar Nut

What about the insurance co. have they come through?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Roctania

Let's use this unfortunate incident to remind everyone to put at least ONE anti theft thing in your car.  ANYTHING at all.  Fuel cutoff.  Secret ignition cutoff.  Starter Cutoff. ANYTHING might have given you the few seconds to thwart that thief. 

Myself, I wanted a system that could NEVER "not be armed" or "forgot to arm"

I made it myself

Arms every time the starter is used, even if hotwired.  Kills the engine if and only if not in Park. 

The keys will not help you.
Would take many minutes at the least even to figure out what it happening.
Restarts easily
Dies when you try to drive it
Meanwhile the thief looks like an idiot and panics. Drawing attention.  It could easily be modified to also honk the horn when the car leaves Park. 

Only the authorized user, with a certain tool, applied in the proper inconsoicuous spot, can disarm the system.

Use your imagination, and do at least ONE thing...
secret switch in the lighter, that grounds the points [or other coil trigger system] etc.
Light switch must be on in order for starter to energize...
ANYTHING

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Roctania on February 21, 2015, 07:48:56 PM
Let's use this unfortunate incident to remind everyone to put at least ONE anti theft thing in your car.  ANYTHING at all.  Fuel cutoff.  Secret ignition cutoff.  Starter Cutoff. ANYTHING might have given you the few seconds to thwart that thief. 

I made it myself

Arms every time the starter is used, even if hotwired.  Kills the engine if and only if not in Park. 

Restarts easily
Meanwhile the thief looks like an idiot and panics. Drawing attention.  It could easily be modified to also honk the horn when the car leaves Park. 

Only the authorized user, with a certain tool, applied in the proper inconsoicuous spot, can disarm the system.

secret switch in the lighter, that grounds the points [or other coil trigger system] etc.
ANYTHING
Does this have a motion detector? Will this work if someone steals our beloved cars with a rollback?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

MxRacer855

I made it myself

Restarts easily

ANYTHING

Sounds like a great setup! I'm trying to decide what I'm going to use for mine.  :2thumbs:

bakerhillpins

I made it myself

Restarts easily

ANYTHING

Wow, that would be a nice thing to have. Mine is just a secret cutoff switch but that's got the user error problem that you mention.  Another thing on the to do list that's miles long.  :smilielol:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Roctania

"Does this have a motion detector? Will this work if someone steals our beloved cars with a rollback?"
====================

No, there is only so much one system can do.  Certainly one could have a jiggle detector set off the screamer in the usual "alarm only" way. 

Nowadays there has to be an app to alert your phone if your car gets molested.

I am not sure i can make a schematic but if you know what a drop relay is, that is what I used to arm my system every time.  The START wire goes to a relay and activates it.  When it is closed, it feeds itself 12V... with a diode preventing backfeed to the starter, so that it works as designed and is not held in START by the drop relay.  So, this relay, kept on by itself now, can only be turned off by interupting its ground, which is where your secret switch and tool to actuate it comes in.  I added a coule other features also.

This drop relay is activated EVERY time the starter is used.  Well, almost.  Not giving away all my secrets. A manual temp over-ride switch could certainly be put in the lighter, or rigged to the lighting circuit, etc.

472 R/T SE

All the ignition cut offs ideas are great if anything?   :shruggy:

The thieves that go the route of starting one up have to know the owner so he/she knows any secrets it may take to get it to fire up right away.  Hell, it may not even have a motor.   :hah:

There's an idea.  Weld in a set of cut outs & make sure they're open when the car sits.

With that said, this theft had to have been a roll back driver. 

A383Wing

I just got a toggle switch connected to ground and negative side of coil...won't even start when hot wired

skip68

I used my hazard/flashers switch as the kill switch for the MSD.   
Not very many people would think about turning the flashers on for a spark to the plugs.   They could bypass the ignition switch and get it to crank but not fire.   Just buys time and hopefully the thief would think it has issues starting and give up.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

sixty8charger

What a sad post....   I know it has been a little while but did anything ever turn up?
Jayson

drifter69

I do not visit as much as I use to after finishing my 69. Sorry to hear about this. I will keep an eye out here in Colorado. Your story has made me consider some changes in security I need to make with my car. You can bet if I see your vin on anything out here I will hold the person until you show up and I will let you decided if you want to call the cops.

Barfyspitz

Quote from: RGA on January 21, 2015, 09:51:28 PM
Sorry. Still in shock. I've been driving around all day looking for it. Thanks for loading the pics. It had factory steeleis on it now. My dad is in town visiting so he needed to borrow my ramcharger this morning . So I warm up the charger and back it out of the garage. Pull the keys out and go inside to get my daughter to take her to school. I'm standing in my living room and I here my car fire up. Now my uncle is also visiting and he is staying in his RV in the driveway so I thaught for a second that he is messing with me (spare keys stashed). Looking out the window and I see it start to move. So I run for the door, open the drawer in my end table where I keep my 45 and realize I put it in the safe last night (worried with the kids around) . So I go running outside , at this point his halfway into the street and sees me coming . He tries to through it from reverse to drive and has a hard time ( b&m shifter with lock out) I jump onto the cowl (panicking ) then I get down and try to open passenger door (locked). He finds drive and is gone, through the yard over the curb. Worst morning of my life. The license is 550ska, I'm not posting the vin on the Internet but it starts with xs29l. I figured it's the only one in the state of new Mexico and probably single digets in the country that looks like this . And yes....... It was perfect.

My god that had to be Heartwrenching. My prayers go out to you. I know they are just cars, but when we put our hearts and souls into them, it's a loss that can't be replaced.

RGA

Still no news, haven't found it, still not really over it. Thanks again for all the help.

Steve P.

Thanks for the update, though not what any of us wanted to hear.. It seams that the chances of finding it all together and in great shape is very slim, but not gone.... Lets's at least hope they find the little bassard that stole it either way..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

myk

So has insurance intervened and taken care of you at least?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

1974dodgecharger

if it had big rims no one would of never  stolen...

on another note nothing here in Phoenix....

303 Mopar

I know it may be a reach but this one just popped up on ebay.  It says its a '68 but its seems interesting that it was in Mexico (where anything is possible) but he has a "clear New Mexico title".  Also, it has to be finished and has a bad paint job.  It looks like and they had the whole car apart at one point, which enough time has passed now for someone to completely change your Charger.  Just trying to help with anything that looks suspect.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger-Pro-Touring-/281762163043
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

ACUDANUT

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on August 05, 2015, 02:06:27 AM
if it had big rims no one would of never  stolen...

on another note nothing here in Phoenix....

Man, that's mean.  I hate big 17-22 inch rims too, but I don't believe he deserved to be robbed.  Hope you find the bastards.